FS: Dagger Aftershock - great shape!

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Dr.noisewater

FS: Dagger Aftershock - great shape!

Post by Dr.noisewater »

For sale:
Dagger Aftershock oc1
Great shape and fully outfitted.
Asheville Nc area, $650 (trades considered on other open boats, preferably creek worthy ones) but cash is king.
Attachments
image.jpg
riverbilly
C Boater

Re: FS: Dagger Aftershock - great shape!

Post by riverbilly »

How does this boat compare to the dagger quake?
cheajack
CBoats Addict

Post by cheajack »

I've paddled both and own a Quake and a Big Dog Force. The Quake is awesome and the Aftershock sucks. Just my opinion. And here is another one. If you like that style of boat get a Big Dog Force. Drier, faster and more nimble than the Quake and just as stable.
Pierre LaPaddelle
CBoats Addict

Post by Pierre LaPaddelle »

cheajack wrote:I've paddled both. . . The Quake is awesome and the Aftershock sucks. . .
Sorry, Dr.n -- not to hijack a f/s thread, but. . .

Cheajack -- would be grateful if you'd expand on your comments. I've paddled an Aftershock -- very wet, but intelligent hull to paddle. Never tried a Quake, but there's a local one likely to be f/s soon. NO Big Dogs anywhere in the west, that I know of.

What, exactly, makes the Quake better than the A-S in your books?

Thx
Rick
C'est l'aviron. . . !
Yukon
Yukan Canoe

Post by Yukon »

I have an Aftershock, fun boat for what it was made for - playing in holes, sure its wet but so are all the boats made for hole play. Not a great river runner. Quake is much better all arounder. Rick I would be very interested in that Quake on the West Coast if it comes for sale and you are not going to take it.
Canoe Instructor and full time canoe fanatic.
cheajack
CBoats Addict

Post by cheajack »

What Yukon said. Both are wet and slow, but the Aftershock is wetter and slower than the Quake by far. The Quake tracks amazingly well for a short boat and the Aftershock does not. The Quake is as good or better as a creeker as it is a play boat. The Aftershock is more of a park and play boat but there are now designs that are much better.