Disregard

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

lung
C Guru

Disregard

Post by lung »

Anyone have one of these boats they want to get rid of? Want to try any of them as a c1. I live in Minneapolis, MN. A little unsure about the Stomper and Nomad, but I'm tempted to try something with more of a displacement hull.
Last edited by lung on Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
greybear
C Guru

Re: WTB Everest/LBurn/Mamba8.6/Nomad8.5/Stomper90

Post by greybear »

I have a stomped 90 c1 that I use. Down side, slow not very snappy going into eddies. Upside, sit on top of the water and auto boofs. So if you get the stomper go creeping and boofs into the eddies.
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

Post by KNeal »

greybear wrote:So if you get the stomper go creeping
That sounds kinda weird to be doing in a boat. :o
C-boats Moderator

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing-absolutely nothing-half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
lung
C Guru

Post by lung »

Thanks for the feedback greybear! How does the Stomper compare to the Nomad? Anyone tried both? I'm leaning towards sticking with the edges of the Burn/Everest, or Mamba. Anyone tried both the Mamba and Burn/Everest?
gumpy
C Maven

Post by gumpy »

hey lung, ever run that saint anthony falls? i wzas out there last summer for a wedding, the water was up and it looked doable, but maybe there was some sort of pulverizer at the bottom? hard to tell, it was all fluffy at the time
Joe
lung
C Guru

Post by lung »

Not sure on that gumpy. I don't get down to the falls all that often. It's never looked runnable to me. Looking at a video it looks like there might be some cement blocks going across the bottom. Could be wrong though. Would be pretty sweet if you could run it. Most likely someone would have tried it by now if it was anything less than class 6.
lung
C Guru

Post by lung »

Talked to someone that has done a crap load more c1ing than I have today about what kind of boat might fit for what I'm looking to do. He recommended I give a displacement hull a try. I figure why not since I have 2 other boats with lots of edge. He suggested trying the Medium Shiva. Although reading a crap load of other people's online opinions makes me want to try the Nomad. Sounds like it would have more primary stability than the Shiva. Also sounds like it's better in big water. Mainly looking for a low volume creeker, but it would be nice to have a boat that does well at both if I'm not losing much on the low volume end. Anyways, I'm narrowing it down to the Nomad, or Shiva at this point, but I'm open to suggestions.