Closed Canoe for Sale - $100

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

boater.chick

Closed Canoe for Sale - $100

Post by boater.chick »

I have for sale a fiberglass closed canoe (C1). It's in good condition with the usual scratches, but has no holes or patches, and is outfitted with a foam pedestal seat and thigh straps. The manufacturer is New Wave. I'm not a closed boater and am limited in what I can say about this boat, but I believe it was made for whitewater slalom racing. For use on anything but a calm lake, you'll need a spray skirt (not included). To see photos, click on http://www2.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare ... _=99170348 . I'm located in the southern Adirondacks. Contact closedboatforsale@yahoo.com .
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Glass boat for sale..

Post by PAC »

Check your emails please - I'm going to take it. Can I get a better top / bottom photo as well please?
Email me the address to send the check and whom it should be made out to.
Thanks! Paul C.
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
boater.chick

Post by boater.chick »

Hi Paul.

I got your e-mail. Thanks for the interest. I don't have access to a digital camera now, but I can provide additional photos early next week if you wish. If anyone else inquires, you'll have the right of first refusal. You can make your decision and pay for the boat after you've had a chance to see it.

I'm located in Lake George, NY, an hour north of Albany. Where are you located? My husband will be in NJ next week, so if you're in that neck of the woods, perhaps you and he can meet.

Thanks again.
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

B.C
Thanks - I'm going to get it one way or the other. I'm just trying to figure out if I need to "chop" it or not to get it to my weight.
No big deal on the photos but if you have the chance it would be appreciated.
I'm located in Pittsburgh, PA so I'll have to set up / scrounge / beg for it to get a ride. That shouldn't be a big deal - unless you need it out of the way quickly. If I can send a check and then figure out logistics I don't have an issue waiting for a boat. Your call.

Paul C.

PS: Others reading this - prepare to be begged! :wink:
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
jim gross
CBoats Addict

Paul

Post by jim gross »

If you beg me I,ll chop it down to 7 feet long and make a river running squirty out of it and name it JIms ride. hahahahhaha . I,ve been lookin for an old race boat to take my saw to for a while now. Oh yeah and lake george is beautifull. I grew up in New York and have spent time there. Actualy i am heading to a home steading site in the aderondacts in august but not with ladder racks . Hmmmm foam blocks maybe. JIM
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

Thanks Jim but I believe Sir Adam is just down the road and once he gets back from his long walk in the woods I'll going to ask him to pick it up. That way I'll get it in one peice :wink: althoguh it will take a while to get to me. But then I'm in no rush and it should be an excuse for he / me to get together for some water time.
I keep bugg'n him to come on down for Gauley Fest... who knows this could be the year! :-)
Paul C.
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
boater.chick

Post by boater.chick »

Hi Paul,

I e-mailed my mailing address to you. You can send the check whenever it's convenient.
Kelly-Rand
CBoats Addict

Post by Kelly-Rand »

I'm making plans to be at the Savage August 5th, so I will be crossing through NY around then. Between then and now I will be traveling within 2 to 3 hours of the Adirondaks and could be enticed to paddle the Hudson if Adam has the time. Do you think my size 12's will fit under the rim? Ha Ha

Jim K-R
Jim KR

"with single blade in hand
a C-1 I will stand"
jim gross
CBoats Addict

Savage river releases are cancelled for the time being becau

Post by jim gross »

cause of prevailing lack of rain. I.E. no august nor sept release. JIM Paul and just because adam lives down the street doesn,t meen he is paddlin the gauley. hahahahahh.
LEW
C Guru

Post by LEW »

Boat has been bought and is headed for it's new owner.
PAC made a VERY good deal for an Extrabat in mint condition!
You gotta love this Forum!!!
LEW