FS:Whiplash, cheap

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

FS:Whiplash, cheap

Post by sbroam »

This is a Perception Whiplash that has been a C-1 its entire life. It's in pretty good shape, though I pulled out the pedestal for another boat. This would include the walls (including the innovative variable volume bow modification) and a foam bulkhead.

Go here : http://home.sc.rr.com/thebroams/outfitting.htm and scroll down to the Whiplash pics to see it - you can see the bulkhead. The pedestal and hip hugger system visible are not included.

As a C-1, it is a fast, fun, surfing and stern squirting machine. This wouldn't be too hard to get back into paddling shape, just needs some foam and ingenuity. I plan to be at the Spring Armada, can bring it there or anyplace in between there and central South Carolina.

$100 USD cheap.

See post below of 3 May 2003 - boat is now outfitted and no longer offered at a specific price, make offer if interested. Scott 3-May-2003

SOLD

Scott
sbroam@scdotrrdotcom
Last edited by sbroam on Mon Jul 21, 2003 7:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

$50?

Post by sbroam »

$50? That or I am considering turning it into a planter...
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Outfitted?

Post by sbroam »

Would anybody be interested in this if I outfit it again? I hate to see a good boat go to waste, but it's got to go or I'm turning it into a planter! Or a sandbox!
Brettal
C Guru

Post by Brettal »

But... but... I'm so far away!

(Otherwise I'd have an incredibly hard time trying not to justify buying a boat for that cheap...)
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Want the boat? I'll bring it Nord...

Post by Sir Adam »

Greetings...

If you want the Boat, it'll give Scott B another reason to attend the NB Armada:)-I can bring it North to Mass. from there :lol:
Keep the C!
Adam
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Well...

Post by PAC »

I just got off the phone with Warren and he very interested. Once he gets a chance to get on line (young'ns :lol: ) he'll follow up with you! He was sleeping (1:00PM since he put on the Big Sandy at 7:00AM). Life is tough at WVU - I'm jealous!!!
In the mean time - I guess this means your heading up our way! CU in May! PAC
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

revision

Post by sbroam »

This boat is no longer for sale at the low low price of $50. I reoutfitted it (now has pedestal, hip huggers, thigh straps, etc) and I think I might keep it around. If you are interested, I will entertain offers. I can bring it to the Armada still if there is any interest, heck I might bring it to paddle.

Scott
Ronnie

i might want to look at this boat

Post by Ronnie »

I wanted a wip it or a x but for that price with hip huggers i thought it could do since im young and on a budget i thought it might be a good idea if you could tell me more about this boat i might consider like $60-80 let me know
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

where are you?

Post by sbroam »

Ronnie -

Where are you? If you are not in the Southeast US, it's probably not worth the trouble to work out shipping etc. Send me an e-mail -

Scott

sbroam@sc.rr.com
Last edited by sbroam on Mon Jun 02, 2003 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ronnie

im in ky

Post by Ronnie »

i am located in kentucky were are you? how much do you want? i got my eyes set on a wavesport X but my mom kayaks and that would be a great boat and she has a real job so she might want it. how many times a year is it used? im still thinking about it eaven if i want a X. let me know.
my e mail isint sending things verry well with your addredd could you e mail me at wavesearching@hotmail.com
zfbs1@imail.etsu.edu

is boat still available

Post by zfbs1@imail.etsu.edu »

I'm in northeast TN and am interested in the whiplash if it is outfitted and still available. please email me to let me know if it is or is not still available. thank you!
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

SOLD

Post by sbroam »

Sold
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Post by Sir Adam »

I think that's the longest I've ever seen a boat for sale :o ...at that price anyway :)
Keep the C!
Adam
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

it's baaaaaack...

Post by sbroam »

The guy who bought it is trying to sell it - he'd probably make you a good deal. Send me a message through this forum or otherwise and I can get you in touch with him if you are interested.