WTB your spare pogie!

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

truckeeboater
CBoats Addict

WTB your spare pogie!

Post by truckeeboater »

I learned from a previous thread that most folk who paddle cold water tend to use on pogie on their lower (wet) hand and either nothing or a glove on their grip hand, and since pogies are usually sold in pairs... You know where I'm going here :D

PM me if you have a spare pogie sitting around and no one to give it to! Thanks!
Peace Pow and Paddling!
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Re: WTB your spare pogie!

Post by Mike W. »

You can make your own. Bob Putnam has graciously shared his pattern with us. All you need is neoprene & neoprene cement. You can get both from Sweet Composites: http://sweetcomposites.com/

I modified Bob's patern on the top hand to make it easier to get on & off. I added width from my wrist to just beyond the knuckles. This lets water in when you roll. To fix that, cut a 45 degree angle on the shaft hole so that water can drain.

http://www.wwslalom.net/pogies/index.htm
truckeeboater
CBoats Addict

Post by truckeeboater »

that's a great idea, but i'd probably end up gluing something to myself! :oops: Besides, after looking at prices for materials and shipping, plus trial and error time, it'll be way easier and cheaper to just buy someone's spare (if there are any out there!). thanks for the link, though!
Peace Pow and Paddling!
edg
C Guru

Post by edg »

Lefty or righty? I've got a set I don't use much, and I'm even in Glenshire. Left has a hole cut out for T-grip. right is intact. e_d_g_1 [at] sbcglobal.net....edg