L'Edge Superlight Outfitting

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: adamin, kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC

Jon
C Guru

L'Edge Superlight Outfitting

Post by Jon » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:55 pm

Got one. Really like it.

The tube to transfer water from side to side through the bulkhead is very small. 1.25" inside diameter
As I recall, a suggested mod in the old days was to replace that with a 4 or 5" square chunk of plastic eavestrough downpipe. Any comments or suggestions? I assume the smaller pipe keeps the water from sloshing side to side and perhaps makes the boat more stable with water in it? But, when I pick it up to empty out, I notice how slow to drain, the high side of the boat is.

The small transfer tube is also a good 1.25" above the inside of the hull, so there is a fair bit of water that must make the trip around the ends of the bulkhead to get to the otherside. Does the boat require this cushion of foam to strengthen/protect the hull?

As a winter project (cause it involves ripping out the saddle/bulkhead) any suggestions as to replacing the tiny tube, with what, and where?

Thanks and Merry Christmas

Wendy
Paddling Benefactor

Re: L'Edge Superlight Outfitting

Post by Wendy » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:43 am

I put a 3 inch round tube in that location. It takes time with the saddle in place but doable. I use a knife. Once 3 inches of foam has been carved there is a Dewalt adapter you can buy to attach a hole saw for right angle use.