Saddle position in a Dagger Genesis

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

clement*10
c

Saddle position in a Dagger Genesis

Post by clement*10 »

Hi , I just bought a used Dagger Genesis.

It is an asymmetric boat and when I look at the saddle is fixed, I wonder if the boat has not been mounted upside down.

It's hard to say because I do not know which defined the meaning of this boat. (Front - Rear)

Currently, tip the boat is the closest faces the paddler and the widest point behind the position of the paddler. Regarding distance, saddle seems slightly backwards.

Do you know someone with a theory that applies to boats asymmetrical?

Do you have accurate distances on the best position of the seat in this boat?

Thank you!
TheKrikkitWars
CBoats.net Staff

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

Widest point behind paddler sounds normal (look at any modern slalom c1)... whether to trim the boat backwards or forwards is a boat and person specific decision... you're probably going to have to try it, change it and try it again till it works for you.
Joshua Kelly - "More George Smiley than James Bond"

CBoats Moderator - Not necessarily representing the CBoats staff though...(I'll use words like "moderator", "We" and "CBoats" to make it clear when I am)
ELGOTTO
C Guru

Post by ELGOTTO »

The stern of the Genesis has a v shape molded on the bottom to help with tracking but the easiest way to id the stern is to look for the data plate serial number. Unless someone at Dagger really screwed up, it is always in the Stern on assymetrical huls.
philcanoe
C Maven

Post by philcanoe »

TheKrikkitWars wrote:Widest point behind paddler sounds normal (look at any modern slalom c1)... .
Actually this is a canoe, so the wide refernce is not always true when referencing slalom boats (canoes)...
clement*10
c

Post by clement*10 »

With this information (V shape and serial number position) would be installed correctly!

Thank you!
Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

philcanoe wrote:
TheKrikkitWars wrote:Widest point behind paddler sounds normal (look at any modern slalom c1)... .
Actually this is a canoe, so the wide refernce is not always true when referencing slalom boats (canoes)...
Yeah, just take a look at LB's set-up :D
Larry
milkman
C Maven

Post by milkman »

Serial number plate marks the stern of the boat. The other end is the bow.
sganarelle
Pain Boater

Post by sganarelle »

I just re outfitted my Genesis. The original outfitting was original to the boat when it was new. I bought the boat from the original owner.

Being the first time I had outfitted an OC1 I decided to still the saddle in the exact same location as the original saddle. It seems to be working out well.

I am at work and when I get home I will measure where the front of the saddle is if you would like.
TheKrikkitWars
CBoats.net Staff

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

philcanoe wrote:
Whilst that makes sense in terms of a trad boat, I can't see an oc1 that widens out in front of my seating position working masively well, I'd destroy my knuckles... unless there's something I'm ignorant of that you're just itching to tell me about.
Joshua Kelly - "More George Smiley than James Bond"

CBoats Moderator - Not necessarily representing the CBoats staff though...(I'll use words like "moderator", "We" and "CBoats" to make it clear when I am)