CBoats.net - C1 B1!
Check out
C-Forum Discussion of all things WhiteWater Canoe related
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:54 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:05 pm 

Hello Everyone,
I am considering an Idol dry suit and am curious about any feedback positive/negative. Does the switch zip cover get caught momentarily on gunwales in the event of a swim resulting in premature zipper problems? Has anyone punctured/torn their suit on the switch zip screw? Thanks You..
Cheers,
Will

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:53 am 
Paddling Benefactor

I have had one for several months. The hard part is aligning the zipper initially to get it started. Once started it easily closes. To store the suit I run the "cover" back around the zipper and place it on the screw. The zipper has not gotten in the way, nor caught on the gunnels.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:09 pm 

Thank you for the info on your suit. Spoke to a couple pro-boaters and several in the "industry". All said the icon is awesome once you get the zipper dialed in. There were some other minor quips mentioned but when I asked if they were chucking their meridian suits to get an icon, 98% said no. At the end of the day the icon is newer tech with completely different zipper construction and placement, all comments I got were comparisons based on experiences with meridian suits. If someone has never owned a dry suit before, they would not know the difference. I went with another meridian suit.
Cheers!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:54 am 
CBoats Addict

pretty happy with mine

with my old meridian the zippers in the front and at the butt were bothering me a bit (restricting my range of motion), which is solved pretty well by the idol

blaze where I put my paddle