River Elf Storm Chaser M - used - for sale

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: adamin, kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC

wildwaterc2
Pain Boater

River Elf Storm Chaser M - used - for sale

Post by wildwaterc2 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:27 pm

I bought this boat a little less than 3 years ago and have paddled it about 6 times. I was looking for a "modern" C1 to replace my trusty Gyramax and wanted to try this one out. It is a cool boat and very nicely built, but it was just not quite what I was looking for. [I've ended up in a Nirvana L converted to C1, which just felt more like a modern version of the Gyramax which I have literally hundreds of days in but was feeling a bit long on Johns Creek here.]

It has been stored inside its whole life except when paddled. I bought the outfitting parts from River Elf and outfitted it myself. The boat is as it came from River Elf except I reinforced the area between the saddle and the front wall - I found that area tended to flex more than I liked.

The boat has a bunch of scratches, but they are not deep, and it does not have any cracks. The hardest river it went down was the Maury, and I'm really used to paddling fragile wildwater boats, so it has not had a hard life.

Pictures are available at
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pq4oheyb2p1s ... _rWYa?dl=0
These should be pretty high resolution where you can see the boat details.

New something like this is $2500 give or take. I saw River Elf selling some closeout models not too long ago at $2000. I'll take 2/3 of their closeout price for this one, so $1350 rounded. This is located in Roanoke VA but I get around the region some. This is your chance for a high performing composite boat at the same cost range as a plastic one.
Attachments
IMG_8604-2.jpg