Favorite Frankie Hubbard solo WW-Canoe ?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Best Frankie Hubbard solo WW-Canoe (in your opinion)

Poll ended at Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:55 pm

Edge Series
11%
Viper Series
22%
Ocoee
33%
Skeeter
No votes
Super Fly
No votes
Spanish Fly
17%
Prelude
6%
CU Fly
8%
Homes
3%

Total votes: 36

2opnboat1
Mohawk Canoes

Re: Favorite Frankie Hubbard solo WW-Canoe ?

Post by 2opnboat1 »

I checked into this whole deal they want 1.37 million for all the molds and designs. They will only sell it as a whole operation, and they don't have very much inventory, and some of their suppliers are out of biz so will be some re tooling and a lot of work to make very little money.
Richard Guin
Lazy good for nothing slacker
Shep
CBoats Addict

Post by Shep »

I'm a romantic, and hopelessly unrealistic, but I hope Bell Canoe ends up going back to Ted Bell.

Shep
JFairchild

Post by JFairchild »

I voted for the Edge because I help build it in 1986. Frankie and I were high school buddies. He and his brother were top notch moto-cross riders. Frankie broke his leg in a car accident that ended his motorcycle career. He bought a 17' Blue Hole Canoe to start with. He later purchased a Mad River Flashback (Steve Scarborough used to call them "Swampbacks"). This is when he started his design for the Edge. It was a soft bottom canoe with lots of tumblehome and a good flare on the front and not much in the rear. This was the birth of the Paddlesports Edge and it was designed and built in my uncle's boat shed in Hattiesburg, MS. I still have the second one out of the mold. Frankie paddled the first. He was a great friend and I miss him.
ezwater
C Maven

Post by ezwater »

I always liked the old Hubbard Mother. 8)
valhallalongboats
C Guru

Post by valhallalongboats »

I sometimes wonder if the Viper series and the Ocoee will ever 'run their course' and truly be boats of the past (and I don't know if this would be good or bad). Considering the Viper series is now 20 years old and the Ocoee is not far behind, will they ever fade away? Have any WW boats ever seen this kind of longevity? I mean, the Perception Dancer and the Dagger RPM both ruled rivers in the kayak world for a long time, but they certainly didn't remain relevant for twenty years! In any case, they are both amazing boats, and I remain curious if any canoe will ever outstrip them as THE canoe to have.
Canoeing isn't a sport...its an art. Unfortunately, I am not exactly Michelangelo.
pblanc
CBoats Addict

Post by pblanc »

valhallalongboats wrote:I sometimes wonder if the Viper series and the Ocoee will ever 'run their course' and truly be boats of the past (and I don't know if this would be good or bad). Considering the Viper series is now 20 years old and the Ocoee is not far behind, will they ever fade away? Have any WW boats ever seen this kind of longevity? I mean, the Perception Dancer and the Dagger RPM both ruled rivers in the kayak world for a long time, but they certainly didn't remain relevant for twenty years! In any case, they are both amazing boats, and I remain curious if any canoe will ever outstrip them as THE canoe to have.
For what it is worth, Dagger has started molding the RPM again. I saw a brand new one hanging in the outfitter's store at NOC a couple of weeks ago.