swift river n.h.

Post all your CBoat and OCBoat related videos here!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

hazardharry
CBoats Addict

swift river n.h.

Post by hazardharry »

heres some of what we git up in the white mountains.this was a run a couple weeks ago with some friends on the lower swift river in albany n.h. we had 4 yaks and 2 oc1 for the trip. the level was .4 on the guage. thanks sean for recording this trip. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TYsU5Eg ... ure=colike" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
if its a flowin' i'm a goin' if its frozen i'm a dozin'
PatrickOC1
C Guru

Re: swift river n.h.

Post by PatrickOC1 »

what was my excuse for missing that one :( ?
TNbound
CBoats Addict

Post by TNbound »

Very nice. I need to get on this run in the fall or spring!

Harry, are you a member of the Penobscot Paddle and Chowder Society?
-Anthony

"I'm gonna run this one river left I think.... So far river left, that I'm gonna be on the bank. With my boat on my shoulder."
hazardharry
CBoats Addict

Post by hazardharry »

yes i am a penobscot paddle and chowder society member. i am running the dead river :D this weekend.
hazardharry
CBoats Addict

Post by hazardharry »

you know i was a member but my dues are due. i find the PPCS to be the paddlers best, but a bunch of old hippies lost in the 70s. they get all fusy about my 420 as a safety cocern, but i'm allways pulling them out of the water at the end of a rapid. a dwindling membership with no young members either? they can have their chowder all to themselves. thats the way they like it. :-?
Attachments
harry no pole.jpg
TNbound
CBoats Addict

Post by TNbound »

I'm not a real member (yet) but I've enjoyed my time boating with some of them this spring. It is good to have other open boaters around, not something I am accustomed to while running with young gun creekers.
-Anthony

"I'm gonna run this one river left I think.... So far river left, that I'm gonna be on the bank. With my boat on my shoulder."
hazardharry
CBoats Addict

Post by hazardharry »

i am going to the dead river for the 2400/1800cfs this weekend if you want to tag along. i am running the river as whore attaching to any group going though what ever rapid or feature i am at. :roll:
Attachments
hornets nest.jpg
hornets nest.jpg (13.83 KiB) Viewed 9260 times
PatrickOC1
C Guru

Post by PatrickOC1 »

If I make it up there sunday ill run with you harry problem is its about 6 hours from me and I gotta work monday morning..... :-? well see what happens
TNbound
CBoats Addict

Post by TNbound »

I'll be up there volunteering at the K-Bomb race. I'll say hi to any one I see with canoes.

(Silver/dented/bondo colored subaru with a Blue Option and Orange Prelude)
-Anthony

jatakasawa
C Guru

Post by jatakasawa »

I too want to run the Swift in the next year. I visited that area with my folks a lot when I was a kid. I was up there for a wedding last Summer and had my boat but they didn't get rain until the day we left. So I'm all for a weekend trip down the Swift when the tropical storms start dropping that gold! I looked at the gorge and am intersted to scout it at runnable levels.
Chester the Brace Monkey.
hazardharry
CBoats Addict

Post by hazardharry »

she's a real spring time runner for a couple week then the same in the late fall. those summwer hit and miss storms can drive steep boater nuts up here.