Millbrook Big Boy as OC1?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

KS26

Millbrook Big Boy as OC1?

Post by KS26 »

Hello
Maybe someone can help me here, we are looking for an composite OC for a really big and heavy friend (2.00 m and 135 kg). Now here is a big boy of millbrook offered, but as OC2. Would he also work as OC1 or is he too big? I do not really find much information about this boat, here in Europe certainly not. Thomeone wrote it is like a definat with a littel bit more volume. In this forum, there seems to be someone who uses the boat as OC1, maybe he could kindly write something about it. I see some pictures. The other composite OCs you can buy here in europe, are to small for him. Thanks in advance, Greetings from Europe, Klaus
kaz
Millbrook Boats - CBoats.net Sponsor

Re: Millbrook Big Boy as OC1?

Post by kaz »

Hello,
I only built 3 Big Boys and then discontinued the model.
The designer, Bob Connolly, weighs approx 240 lbs and paddles his Big Boy solo. 297 lbs? Maybe. There is only one way to find out.
JKaz......
KS26

Post by KS26 »

Hallo Kaz
we had to drive a realy long distance to test and there is no realy white water. How similar is the Big boy to the Defiant ? I think we can test one on a local slalom course nearby. If Thomas would be comfortabel in the Defiant, would the Big Boy be ok for him ?
kaz
Millbrook Boats - CBoats.net Sponsor

Post by kaz »

Klaus,
If your friend is comfortable in the Defiant, the Big Boy would be even more comfortable with a lot more volume and boat width.
JKaz......