looking for a C1 Squirt Acrobat

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

acrane

looking for a C1 Squirt Acrobat

Post by acrane »

Does anyone know where the old mold to the C1 Squirt Acrobat design is?
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Re: looking for a C1 Squirt Acrobat

Post by Sir Adam »

I recall that several are around, but the only one I know of for sure that I've seen with my own eyes is PS Composites. Your best bet is to call Paul.

http://www.customkayak.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That said, if you are looking for downtime there are newer boats out there.

If you are looking for a squirting cruiser though, the Acrobat is awesome.
Keep the C!
Adam
acrane

Post by acrane »

Thanks! Where might I look for other designs you mentioned?
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

An unofficial run down of what is out there:

Aerobat (PS Composites has a mold I think)
Edge (both pre-date Acrobat and can be fun, but not typically mystery able)(PS Composites has a mold.. not sure it matches my Edge though...)
Acrobat (standard cut) (PS Composites has the mold)
Acrobat (master cut - lots of fun, endless cartwheels, depending on cut and body shape it can be mysteried, but really too much volume for most folks)(PS Composites)
Oxygen (12 or so built... corran addison's design. Amusing to paddle, but turns class II in to IV (and for some folks flat water in to V ;) )(PS Composites)
Meltdown (UK boat... not sure if any on this side of the pond. One of these days!)(Valley in the UK had it... not sure now?)
Maven... not a great design, but a good test of your paddling ability :wink: . Mysteryable by someone... maybe. CAN be a lot of fun though (I still take mine out sometimes:) ). Kind of like paddling a scalpel. (I have the mold)
Mentor - the boat that got the most mysteries at the past few squirt events. 2 in existence. More can be made...(I have the mold)
Ceam Weaver - Jim Snyder's C1 squirt design. I believe only the prototype / first boat exists, but there is a mold. Contact Jimi for more info (I believe he can make a boat, or have PS Composites make one... Jim has the mold)

Note: The Maven and Mentor are both my designs, and I have both molds. I don't really have time to build boats right now, BUT have a local shop who builds ultralight canoes with lots of experience that watched the progress of both boats that are willing to build a boat if there is interest. Price dependent on layup.

If you are ever in upstate NY I have the follow on hand, and am right on the river if you or any one else wants to try them out (I'm only listing the squirt boats... there are others...):
Edge
Acrobat (standard cut)
Acrobat (master cut)
Oxygen
Maven
Mentor

And if anyone has an aerobat for sale... I'd really like to finish off the collection at some point! Likewise I need to try and get a Meltdown. One of these days.

Oh, and under the "Boats" section you can find images of most of these. Yes we need to upgrade image quality now that everyone is on broad band...
Keep the C!
Adam
acrane

Post by acrane »

This is awesome. Thanks for all the info. Can't believe I just heard about this site. Jennifer Hearn led me over here.

I couldn't find the mentor in the boats section?

Meltdown looks great. And like you, I'd love to get my hands on an Aerobat. Acrobat would be good as well.

Excited if you update image quality. I would like to submit a new design to the boats page.
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

If you do a search on the forum you'll find a lot of images.

The "Boats" museum is meant for production boats.. and since there has been 1 Mentor sold so far (and 2 exist) I've neglected to add it to the "official" record. And yes, that means at this point the Ceemweaver too....

Send along what info / images you have on boats to info...cboats.net....
Keep the C!
Adam
ClassFive Boats
C Guru

Post by ClassFive Boats »

We have the original Acrobat C1 mold from dagger when they were
In the composite business with Andy Bridge. It's a first
Generation from the original plug .
acrane

Post by acrane »

Do you still make them? Would you consider renting the mold? Could I pay a royalty?
ClassFive Boats
C Guru

Post by ClassFive Boats »

We do still make them, unfortunately we
Don't rent molds.