WTB: Viper C-1

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

WTB: Viper C-1

Post by Mike W. »

I want another Viper. Preferably full-cut w/ the big cockpit.
creek1r
Pain Boater

Re: WTB: Viper C-1

Post by creek1r »

Hi Mike - I have Viper C-1 / black with red swirls, really good condition, I used Cascade/Atom skirt so big cockpit?, think 1/2 cut but at 170# floated me high. Has bags and a skirt that will fit one of your legs.
Martinsville VA - send a PM.
Last edited by creek1r on Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brendan
C Guru

Post by Brendan »

Mike- I HOPE THIS I JUST TO HAVE SECOND VIPER AND NOT DUE TO BREAKING THE ONE YOU HAVE- YOU DIDN'T TRASH IT AT THE BEACH AT SANDBRIDGE? I paddled the James today in my Viper- ran several different routes- Cemetery, triple drop back to Pipeline. Beautiful morning on the River. Come on up with your Viper and show me how to maximize the edges!
Brendan
squeakyknee
CBoats Addict

Post by squeakyknee »

Savage river is rough on glass ;-)
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

Brendan,
The Viper was fine at Sandbridge. Even w/ that shore-break. The Savage hands out penalties for poorly chosen lines. Tip: Do NOT go over Memorial Rock. The hole at the bottom is "almost" deep enough for a clean ender in a Viper. Split a seam. I plan to reseam the boat, but there are some stress cracks on the deck. Even w/ new seams it's probably seen it's last serious run. It'll still be fine for surfing, attaining & moderate fun. I don't think I'll trust it to the Gauley though.

You don't really like that Viper you just got, do you? I think you'd be happier in something else... :wink:
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

Bump: Still looking for a full-cut Viper.
ezwater
C Maven

Post by ezwater »

Just curious, why would one want a Viper for river running rather than a modern slalom boat? Just because the bow squirts better? Slalom boats are available in as tough a composite layup as could be desired.
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

Valid question. But now you want me to point out the advantages of the Viper & convince folks to keep them? I'm trying to convince someone that the old Viper they have in the garage is worthless. :lol:

I have a Vadja Nova, which I think is one of the last 4 meter boats. The Nova is longer & skinnier, so it's much faster than the Viper. Due to it's carbon/Kevlar layup w/ a foam core, it's also very stiff. The Nova does not turn as well as the Viper. It also does not surf as well. The stern is not 'wingy' & I have not figured out pivot turns, which are effortless in the Viper.
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

I found one, but it needs a ride from Sherburne, NY to Roanoke Rapids, NC. Is anyone running this route w/ rack space?

Thanks,