Spring boating in Maine: Flat Rock Falls

Post all your CBoat and OCBoat related videos here!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

TNbound
CBoats Addict

Spring boating in Maine: Flat Rock Falls

Post by TNbound »

It is a rare day in Maine when you can boat in March and it is 80 degrees. This was one of those days, and we made the best of it by getting on Marsh Stream at a doable low level, followed by the Kenduskeag at a good medium level.

The video is of Flat Rock on the Marsh, a seventy-plus foot long granite slide. Definitely one of the more unique drops I have run in my day, and an excellent way to spend a beautiful spring day.

As another note, the other open boater in the video met up with me to try out my Prelude and Option. He has been paddling an Extrabat for years and this was his first experience with an OC1 less than 13 feet.

Marsh Stream on Youtube
-Anthony

"I'm gonna run this one river left I think.... So far river left, that I'm gonna be on the bank. With my boat on my shoulder."
milkman
C Maven

Re: Spring boating in Maine: Flat Rock Falls

Post by milkman »

So what did the Extrabat boater think of the Prelude and Option?
TNbound
CBoats Addict

Re: Spring boating in Maine: Flat Rock Falls

Post by TNbound »

He enjoyed both of them, basically come to the same conclusion as me; they are different boats that are fun at different times. Coming from an edgy and not-especially-stable slalom boat he had no issues with the stability of the Prelude, though he did have to execute a few good get-down low braces. He also enjoyed the hard edges of the Option for snapping into and out of eddies.
-Anthony

"I'm gonna run this one river left I think.... So far river left, that I'm gonna be on the bank. With my boat on my shoulder."