Alive and Kickin' in the Pacific Northwest

Post all your CBoat and OCBoat related videos here!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

milkman
C Maven

Alive and Kickin' in the Pacific Northwest

Post by milkman »

I read all the posts about the scarcity of whitewater canoeists in Idaho, Colorado and California, all of which I've heard before from paddlers in those states. But in Oregon, Washington and British Columbia, the sport seems to be healthy enough with the LCCC in Oregon, the Paddle Trails club in Seattle, and the Beaver club in Vancouver, B.C. I think we all just need to keep plugging away at building awareness. One of the best ways is for people to see you having fun out on the river. Next best thing is putting lots of videos up on the Web, particularly club blogs and Facebook. That's how clubs attract new members these days. Toughest thing is to get younger converts--people under 40.

Here's my most recent post, a 10-minute Year-in-Review video full of short clips from last year: http://youtu.be/CA0qFhJAo_w Many of these have appeared in other videos I've done this year, but this time it's all in the editing.

If you have a lot of time to kill, you can see the full 30-minute Year in Review I did for the club that also includes sections on surfing, weekend trips, far off adventures, slalom racing, and moving water paddling. That's at: http://vimeo.com/35189619
Al Donaldson
Pain Boater

Re: Alive and Kickin' in the Pacific Northwest

Post by Al Donaldson »

Once again, "Thanks, Mark!"

--al--
Al Donaldson
1920 Belle Avenue
Cedar Falls, IA
(319) 277-3194
JzP
Pain Boater