Mad River ME DC to Atl

Does your boat need a lift? Find other CBoaters who can give your boat a lift! CBoats.net does not endorse any particular boater for transport, and obviously use your "gut" feeling of whether you want to transport your boat via a stranger. That said, literally dozens of boats have been moved safely and cheaply this way over the past few years!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

zappaddles
Pain Boater

Mad River ME DC to Atl

Post by zappaddles »

Got a line on a Mad River ME that needs a ride from DC to north metro Atlanta. Any one able to help out?

Thanks,
Zap
"I'm with you fellers"
BobH
C Boater

Re: Mad River ME DC to Atl

Post by BobH »

I can get it to Gauley Fest

Bob
Todhunter
Ridge Spirit Outfitting

Post by Todhunter »

BobH - f you can get it to Gauley Fest, someone from Atlanta / east TN will surely be there, and I'm sure me or someone else can get it from them to Vince.
Matt Todhunter
Ridge Spirit Outfitting - Custom Bulkhead Canoe Saddles
zappaddles
Pain Boater

Post by zappaddles »

BobH and Matt,

Thanks for the offer but having someone meet up in WV and then deal with it till they get back to Ga is a bit much to ask. Anyone headed to GAF from the DC area? I'm headed up on Thursday.

Vince
"I'm with you fellers"
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

Post by KNeal »

zappaddles wrote:having someone meet up in WV and then deal with it till they get back to Ga is a bit much to ask.
Not true, Vince. Transportation arrangements on this site is solely driven by how quickly the boater wants the boat to arrive. I purchased a boat (my c-1 Viper) years ago in the fall from a guy in Massachusetts (Brettal) and was picked up by our very own "Sir Adam" who eventually delivered it to my brother-in-law who lives near Ithaca, NY. I drove up in the spring the next year to visit and picked the boat up then. There was another time when I picked a boat up from Kenneth (site admin) in Wash. D.C. for Scott B., stored the boat for a few days at my house, then met a group driving down I-95 who took the boat from me and delivered it to Scott. So, there is no issue with inconveniencing any of us cboaters who are willing to help a fellow "brother" paddler. All ya gotta do is ask, and you did. 8)
C-boats Moderator

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing-absolutely nothing-half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

KNeal wrote:
zappaddles wrote:having someone meet up in WV and then deal with it till they get back to Ga is a bit much to ask.
... There was another time when I picked a boat up from Kenneth (site admin) in Wash. D.C. for Scott B., stored the boat for a few days at my house, then met a group driving down I-95 who took the boat from me and delivered it to Scott. ...
And thanks again - I've had boats from all over make it here by some rather interesting routes and happily helped boats find their ways from here on to other homes via similarly interesting routes!
zappaddles
Pain Boater

Post by zappaddles »

Well heck; I'm game if they are.
Zap
"I'm with you fellers"
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

Post by KNeal »

That's the cboaters' spirit! See what you can work out with Bob and Matt.
C-boats Moderator

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing-absolutely nothing-half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
zappaddles
Pain Boater

Post by zappaddles »

Ya'll are awsome. BobH I sent you a couple of PMs; one has the sellers e-mail address.

Zap
"I'm with you fellers"
zappaddles
Pain Boater

Post by zappaddles »

Thanks to Nathan Sims and Burton Greer for getting the ME to Suwanee. Already have it scrubbed clean and gutted. New gunnels start today and the search for a pedistal starts right now. Anybody got a pedistal for sale?
Thanks for the help.

Vince
"I'm with you fellers"
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

Post by KNeal »

Glad to hear this site worked for you.

:D
C-boats Moderator