Boaters, Asheville In April

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Kelly-Rand
CBoats Addict

Boaters, Asheville In April

Post by Kelly-Rand »

We are heading to Asheville in April to visit family and get a taste of retirement. With the plan to do some easy trips on the French Broad in the sun in our tandem. I will have a C1 in tow and will have to evaluate once I'm down there how adventurous I want to be. I'd like to meet other boaters while we are there as we will likely be visiting more often going forward.

I should note given the state of the pandemic that we respect the protocols and practice them and will continue to do so even after vaccination.

Jim Kelly-Rand
Jim KR

"with single blade in hand
a C-1 I will stand"
Wendy
Paddling Benefactor

Re: Boaters, Asheville In April

Post by Wendy »

IF you are on FB join Midweek Paddlers Asheville group. Lots of trips. I've had serious health issues that make it where I don't list a trip in case I have to cancel, but folks paddle all through the week and weekend.
Kelly-Rand
CBoats Addict

Post by Kelly-Rand »

Thanks Wendy for the group information. I don't have FB but people I know do.
Jim KR

"with single blade in hand
a C-1 I will stand"
River Elf C1s
Pain Boater

Post by River Elf C1s »

Hey Jim,
I wanted to let you know that I will be over at the Nantahala on Saturday April 17 and will probably paddle the entire river. We'll have a few of us in C1s. I'm not sure if this aligns with your travel plans but we'd love to have you join us if you're down that way. I'll send you an email too.
Chris
Chris
River Elf
http://www.riverelf.com