need help ID-ing this New Wave C1

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

poetry_heckler
Pain Boater

need help ID-ing this New Wave C1

Post by poetry_heckler »

Can any of you ID this New Wave C1?
Attachments
new_wave.red.jpg
ASPIRIN SANDWICH
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Re: need help ID-ing this New Wave C1

Post by Sir Adam »

Difficult for me to tell from that angle; there should be a build sheet glassed in (usually by the right knee, sometimes on the side, sometimes under the pad in my experience with New Wave boats).

It is a slalom boat; I'd guess Fanatic II, but could be a Fanatic or Stealth; hopefully someone who paddled all of them and has seen them in person enough can identify it from the one image.
Keep the C!
Adam
poetry_heckler
Pain Boater

Post by poetry_heckler »

Dude can't find the build sheet, but if anyone is interested it's outside Philadelphia.

https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/boa ... 78576.html

Looks like it's got bags, which is like half the value of the boat. Also saddle looks pristine, and very little wear on the bottom. A little sun bleached, though.

I'd pick it up for fun, but don't know how much fun that would actually be. Looking for a Viper, actually. In case anyone is holding.
ASPIRIN SANDWICH
poetry_heckler
Pain Boater

Post by poetry_heckler »

saddle, pedestal, throne, whatever
ASPIRIN SANDWICH
poetry_heckler
Pain Boater

Post by poetry_heckler »

How much fun are these boats, anyhow?
ASPIRIN SANDWICH
old and in the way
C Guru

Post by old and in the way »

Definitely one of the Bat/Fanatic series - looks like a very flat deck which leads me to say Superbat as opposed to Extrabat or Fanatic. More pics or some measurements are needed.
"As long as there are young men with the light of adventure in their eyes or a touch of wildness in their souls, rapids will be run." -Sigurd Olson
clt_capt
C Guru

Post by clt_capt »

My first thought was Fanatic or F2 - The chine would be a dead giveaway, but can't see that

From that angle, it is very hard to tell, but the bow seems narrow for a Bat (Super or Extra)

They are a lot of fun - these days, I would clip the bow spike and shorten the stern a bit - especially if you get it cheap and are just looking for a play boat.
poetry_heckler
Pain Boater

Post by poetry_heckler »

Yeah, he only wants $150. I picked up what's maybe a Bat of some kind a few weeks ago and would like to get a Viper. There's one in Richmond I might take for two bills. It's not a lot of money for someone who has a job :(

but I am not one of those people at the moment. Lots of time, not a lot of capital.
ASPIRIN SANDWICH