Shacho or Blink

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Fleetwalker
C Boater

Shacho or Blink

Post by Fleetwalker »

I'm thinking about getting short solo canoe. I'm more of a river-runner than a playboater, but I want to be able to do creeky runs like I see in all cool ALF videos. In fact, I'd like to attend ALF next year. I'm sold on composite boats being able to handle rocky runs, and I love the light-weight (plus I really want a Millbrook boat). I'm willing to sacrifice a little performance for stability, but I also don't want a barge. I'm 5' 9" ~170lbs.

Any thoughts on whether a Shacho, Blink or something else would makes the most sense. I've paddled (briefly) the Shacho a couple of times, but I haven't been in the Blink. I have a Millbrook Flashback, so I'm looking for something shorter than that.
craig
CBoats Addict

Re: Shacho or Blink

Post by craig »

For ALF get a cheap used plastic boat and save your new Shacho for reliably deeper rivers near home. Just my $.02
craig
CBoats Addict

Post by craig »

Btw if you want to try any of them out we could meet up later this spring
Mikey B
CBoats Addict

Post by Mikey B »

They are both fun boats. Coming from a flashback the @hacho might be a great choice. I think you'd enjoy the blink too. Nimble, stable, quite dry...slower but not bad...easy to keep up on most rivers even when playing more. Tough choice. I'd hook up with craig n play with both. :-)