Gyromax seat questions.

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

C1 8.1
c

Gyromax seat questions.

Post by C1 8.1 »

Anyone got a picture of a typical Gyromax seat? Never seen one. What is it made of? How tall? Easily modified (lowered).I am considering a Z with a gyromax seat attached. Like my seats 4.5.
JMB
Joe Berry
clt_capt
C Guru

Re: Gyromax seat questions.

Post by clt_capt »

It has been a long time, but if memory serves, the gyromax seat was a molded plastic pedestal with a layer of foam over it. I want to say that it was approximately 6" with the foam...
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

There is actual an OK image of the seat on the Gyra Max page of the CBoats virtual boat museum:

https://www.cboats.net/c_db/list.php?ty ... Gyra%20Max" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

One of the projects for this year is re-doing ALL the images now that we're not all on dialup any more;)
Keep the C!
Adam
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

The pedestal in the Gyramax was the pedestal that Perception put in all of their factory conversions (yes, you could order a factory conversion back in the day, like my Whiplash...) It's a decent saddle - the plastic seat platform might be 4", with about 2" of minicell on top from the factory (I think). The are are slots for straps along the "rail" and plastic goes out to the sides for knee pads. To keep your knees out, you'll need to add foam (if it isn't already there).

The Dagger factory pedestal is generally considered better (shaped to keep your knees out)) but I think it is heavier.
C1 8.1
c

Post by C1 8.1 »

Thank you everyone for your assistance. Looking at a Z with this seat attached. I like my seats 4.5 to 5 inches so hopefully this will work out. Thanks again.
Joe Berry