Blackfly Canoes - Where should we go in 2017?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Cheeks
CBoats Addict

Blackfly Canoes - Where should we go in 2017?

Post by Cheeks »

Hey guys!

Last year I asked for help in planning an epic canoeing roadtrip, and you familiar plural delivered, with a bunch of dates in awesome locations. The Blackfly Tour rolled through Arkansas, Colorado, the PNW, Quebec, and a few other places, and we met amazing people along the way.

We're looking for suggestions for tour stops in 2017. We'll be back in Colorado for Kanu Fest, and we'll be in the PNW for a week for the North West Canoeing Fest (What's that? More later...) but if you and your friends want to try new plastic boats, and we didn't stop at your local run, let us know where to go!

You can message me here, or email me at chris@blackflycanoes.com

Cheers, and thanks for a great summer! Here's to making 2017 even better!
Chris Loomis
jdryden78
c

Re: Blackfly Canoes - Where should we go in 2017?

Post by jdryden78 »

Would love to see you stop back in AR again, I missed this years due to daughter's high school graduation.
Cheeks
CBoats Addict

Post by Cheeks »

Fear not, we will be back. Hoping to hit the fest you guys throw in the spring
Chris Loomis
richvrm
c

Post by richvrm »

BOISE IDAHO!! I would really like to try out some of those boats. Come and hit up the Payette River, Boise has a river park that I am playing at at least once a week. Let's show the surfers and kayakers that open boaters can play also!
Pierre LaPaddelle
CBoats Addict

Post by Pierre LaPaddelle »

Cheeks wrote: . . . we'll be in the PNW for a week for the North West Canoeing Fest . . .
It's official -- VanIsle won't take 'no' for an answer. There're fresh mints on your pillows, chili on the back burner, and a buncha paddlers who would love to see y'all again!
C'est l'aviron. . . !
Cheeks
CBoats Addict

Post by Cheeks »

I think we can try and put Boise on the schedule on the way out to or back from the PNW.

For PNW boaters, keep the week of June 28th in mind, we're aiming to have a week out in the area to paddle with everyone, including boat demos, free clinics, and instruction. We'll have more details soon!
Chris Loomis
milkman
C Maven

Post by milkman »

Definitely keep the Portland crew in the loop. We have a group of paddlers interested in another rendezvous.
road_warrior64
C Boater

Post by road_warrior64 »

I would say Alabama but all of our creeks are bone dry! But if you start building wheels into your boat hulls, we may be able to work something out.

JC
dkostic

Post by dkostic »

Chris,

I hope Golden is back on the schedule! Already having people ask me when you guys are coming back.

-Dennis
KevinAmirault
c

Post by KevinAmirault »

Perhaps some Canadian festivals?

hades or High Water - Petawawa Ontario - http://www.hohw.ca/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Palmer Fest - Palmer Rapids Ontario - https://paddlerco-op.ca/palmer-river-fest/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gull OC Slalom Race - http://www.whitewaterontario.ca/index.p ... noe-slalom" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

People get lots of chances to try out Esquifs and Ocoees here in Ontario but there aren't too many Blackflys to take for a test run.