NRS Velocity, any experience?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

jdryden78
c

NRS Velocity, any experience?

Post by jdryden78 »

Looking for some new water shoes and have been debating the Velocity boots. Does anyone have any experience with them in a kneeling position? None local to try out so I would be trying blind which is not ideal, but you do what you gotta do.
Marc Evans
C Guru

Re: NRS Velocity, any experience?

Post by Marc Evans »

JDryden78, I wouldn't bother. Stopped by NRS today (7 miles away) and put on a pair. Way too stiff for kneeling. I have a couple of pairs of either the Desperado Wetshoe or the Men's Paddle Wetshoe, not sure which. Although they are not as tough as the Velocity, they are very comfortable in the kneeling position and do have fairly good sole protection. Of course, I can usually find a pair for $20 in the bargain barrel at NRS, so no great loss to me if they fall apart. Just my 2 cents.

Good luck.
richvrm
c

Post by richvrm »

I am a big fan of my Vibram Toe shoes. I know they are ugly but they fit snug without adding volume like a booty or shoe and they give you good grip if and when you have to scramble across rocks for rescue or just getting your boat out of the water. And just be warned you will be mocked for wearing them. My wife still rolls her eyes whenever she sees me wear mine and I have been wearing them longer then I have known her.

Adam
Bob P
CBoats Addict

Post by Bob P »

jdryden78 wrote:Looking for some new water shoes and have been debating the Velocity boots. Does anyone have any experience with them in a kneeling position? None local to try out so I would be trying blind which is not ideal, but you do what you gotta do.
Do you curl your toes or do you keep the tops of your feet flat on the bottom?
Bob P
jdryden78
c

Post by jdryden78 »

I keep them flat. Been toying with the idea of a stiffer sole to try and keep feet upright.