ZET - Factory C1s in Canada

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

YTcanoe
C Guru

ZET - Factory C1s in Canada

Post by YTcanoe »

ZET Kayaks Canada are happy to announce that our first shipment shall arrive in February 2016. A limited number of Director and Raptor factory C1s will be available. Presales and deposits to reserve, have begun. Demos of C1 Directors, Raptors and possibly a Toro will be available from our BC base and at many Western Canadian festivals.

ZET boats are well known and respected through out Europe. They are dominating extreme racing events and are showing unequalled strength and durability. The C1s feature a factory welded spine and an incredible system of easily fitted, comfortable and adjustable, secure yet quick release outfitting.

Please visit us on our website, http://ZETkayaks.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or facebook - ZET Kayaks Canada.

This company is the collaboration of two partners, extreme kayaker/film maker Carl Jacks and C1er, PaddleCanada and ACA open canoe instructor/coach/guide Mike Terlesky. We are very excited to introduce this well respected and proven European line of boats to Canada. As the single blading partner, I shall see that we strive to provide the best factory C1s available.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or inquiries via our website, facebook or through posts to this thread or PMs.

UPDATE - May 24, 2016

Our second shipment of ZET Kayaks and C1s will arrive soon.

We will have the new Toro C1 !
Find a review on our facebook page ( https://www.facebook.com/ZETCanada/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ) Our kayakers are raving about it. In addition we have 2 Director C1s and a Raptor C1 available.

I've been alternating between a Raptor and Director C1 this spring, and pushing new limits. The Raptor C1 is a nimble little rocket. The Director C1, a serious creeker, yet versatile and a fantastic surfer.

We have C1 demos available out of Nelson, BC and will try to attend some western Canada festivals.
We are BC based, but currently offering flat rate shipping of $189 (tax included) to many Ontario, Quebec and Yukon locations.

Thank you, Mike T
http://www.ZETKayaks.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by YTcanoe on Wed May 25, 2016 5:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Larry Horne
C Maven

Re: ZET - Factory C1s in Canada

Post by Larry Horne »

It's worth clicking on the link just for that stunning picture the web page opens with. Nice!

Are there pics of the c1 outfitting?
Larry
YTcanoe
C Guru

Post by YTcanoe »

C1 Outfitting Pictures

Open to each model ad scroll to the last picture to see the C1 outfitting.
A dedicated C1 window is in the future.

Additional pictures can be found on our facebook page as well as with our UK friends http://www.zet-kayaks.co.uk/C1-creekboat" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The seat height and hip padding is generous, to be shaved to your preference.
Knee padding, knee spreader/bumpers and ankle blocks are provided with secure Velcro tape that allows for adjustment and experimentation. You may choose to secure with contact cement for added security when you are confident in placement.
The ratchet straps are secure and well placed. There is an excellent one pull quick release. This release would also take little to adapt to a combined outfitting/spraydeck one pull system.

I have only made one additional modification to my Director. I mounted the knee spreader/bumpers wide, which left about a 2" gap between their inner sides and the boats spine. I cut and bonded additional foam to fill this gap. Would not be necessary if you glue the pieces down. I've chose to rely on the Velcro at this point to allow demo flexibility and felt this would eliminate some wear and stress on the Velcro from lateral forces.

We all like solvents and tweaking our rigs, but you can have these boats ready to paddle in less than 15 minutes.

Thanks Larry, Carl took that shot. He is an accomplished photographer. A gallery page is also in the works.
RobertM
Pain Boater

Post by RobertM »

Good looking boats and rigging, a point about your website.

In using either Chromium 37.0.2 on an Ubuntu 12.04 machine or Chrome 46.0.2 on a Windows 7 box, the web pages have no vertical scroll bar. On Firefox ? on windows 7 the vertical scroll is available.

Best of luck
Robert

"One Fish, Two Fish
Red Fish, Blue Fish"
Paddle Power
C Maven

Post by Paddle Power »

It's always great to see C1 outfitting friendly kayaks.
Brian
http://www.JohnstonPursuits.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

Anyone have any experience with their boats to back up their claims? Nice to have additional options, but would be great to hear from some folks who have paddled them (with the correct number of blades;) ).
Keep the C!
Adam
pritch1
c

Post by pritch1 »

I had a director for around a year really enjoyed it the welded in spine is really nice and the integrated hip block mounts are a great touch. It was very stable and preformed well although slightly harder to raise the nose than other boats I never found it an issue.

Only sold it as I though I was a little light for it and switched to a Tuna which is a great boat but I don't think the plastic is anywhere near as good. I am planning to get my hands on a Toro soon :)

Some footage of the director here

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WSphkMdl9Mc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mikey B
CBoats Addict

Post by Mikey B »

Nice video clip...looks like an very fun river/s
NZ C1er
C Boater

Post by NZ C1er »

I am still enjoying my Raptors (one in Europe and one in New Zealand) after three years use, see my post January 2013.
The plastic has stood up well, my only reservation is with the welding of a straight spine into the curved bottom of the boat which tends to flatten the bottom and produce a bump in the bottom of the boat at the front end of the spine, this is a wear point and is where they will and do split. A Czech friend on his third Raptor C1 no longer orders the factory weld spine.
On the up side the bottom does not oil can with the welded spine. And I do like the solidity of the factory outfitting.
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Post by the great gonzo »

Sounds very interesting Mike! Any plan to have any Zet demo C-1's out in Ontario/Québec?

TGG!
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau
YTcanoe
C Guru

Post by YTcanoe »

Hello Martin, thanks for your interest.

Establishing an Eastern presence is a goal.
It shall be difficult in our introductory year with being western based, but we are working on it.
One trip into Ontario is in the planning stages.

I hope Costa Rica is treating you well.
YTcanoe
C Guru

Post by YTcanoe »

A bump to show our update to initial post :D
NZ C1er
C Boater

Post by NZ C1er »

Just a plug for Zet, had my Raptor three years. Zet are well designed boats, good plastic and in the right places and they seem to have good quality controls
They are a very well outfitted C1 factory conversion. I think it's worth supporting a company like this rather than buying old hand me downs from kayakers which are yesterday's boats.
Life is too short to paddle bad boats...
My question re the Toro is has Zet used a curved spine that corresponds with the hull profile of the boat and by so doing maintained the bow to stern curvature or has it been distorted by the welding of a straight spine?
YTcanoe
C Guru

Post by YTcanoe »

Thanks for the plug NZ C1er

I have seen pictures of a ZET C1 that had a minor bump in the hull at the end of the spine. My Director C1 has ever the slightest, while no noticeable distortion to the last two Raptor C1s or a newer Director C1. I have not fully unwrapped our Toro C1, but it seems pretty smooth. I think ZET is figuring it out. I notice little improvements with the boats of each order. These guys are really striving to put out top quality.

The Kicking Horse was a ZET fest. :D Toros everywhere! We only have one Toro C1 in stock, and I can't convince my partner to turn it demo. I might just have to try it in kayak form.
AJ
CBoats Addict

Post by AJ »

What weight range is best for each boat for C1ers?