Kokatat custom fitting?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

gaoc1
C Boater

Kokatat custom fitting?

Post by gaoc1 »

I was thinking about getting one of the Kokatat Idol dry suits. The custom fitting cost 124.00 on the order page. After entering my measurements they said a large suit with 3'' less inseam and 1'' more in sleeve would fit me. A friend of mine thought that for oc1 and c1 a little bit bigger suit was better? Just wondering if any c boater on here has experience with custom fitting? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Re: Kokatat custom fitting?

Post by Mike W. »

I had one custom cut several years ago. The shop I ordered through measured me. I don't know how the measurements compared to the standard. I'm under height for my weight (short & fat). The suit fit well and have me many years of good service.
gaoc1
C Boater

Post by gaoc1 »

Ok. So to kinda answer my own question and give a bit of info. I ordered a large Idol. It fits a bit big here and there but once seated on my saddle most of the material pulls tight and I have some room for underwear. Don't think the custom fitting is worth it if you measure close to the standard measurements. Thanks mike.
Paddler
Pain Boater

Post by Paddler »

I had a custom suit made a couple of years ago and I will never go back to stock. I am tall and thin and the large has always been really baggy. I sent my measurements to Kokatat and now I have a medium suit with 5" added to the arms, 2" to the torso, and 1" to the legs and it fits me better than any article of clothing I own. Plenty of range of motion, and fits really great. If your already planning on getting a Kokatat the extra $125.00 is totally worth it if you are a weird in between size like me. If the standard suits fit then I say stick with that. But for the tall lanky or short fat it's a great use of $125.00. Plus with a Kokatat your going to get many years out of it so it might as well fit well.
The line will become apparent
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Post by the great gonzo »

I have a 36inch iseam, but my overall height is only 6'1". Height would dictate an L, but inseam dictates an xl or evelXXL. Custowould be nice, but as guide I can get them on Pro -deal, provided itès an off the shelf size. I do therefore order them Big, suck the air out and wear board shorts over top to tkeep the bottoms upand also to protect the suit itself. Works fine for me, and the savings are worth it for me. Working as a guide shorthens drysuits life anyway.

TGG!
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau