Thigh buckles

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

trauts92
c

Thigh buckles

Post by trauts92 »

Any ideas for what I would use for some sort of thigh strap buckle outfitting? What kind of buckle would you use to connect two thigh straps so when you go over you would pull on the buckle to wet exit ?
Pierre LaPaddelle
CBoats Addict

Re: Thigh buckles

Post by Pierre LaPaddelle »

I've used stainless-steel aircraft buckles with good success. The quick-release system features a cord between the flaps on the buckles. One pull on the cord releases both buckles.

In an OC-1, I put a piece of plastic tubing on the cord, so it's easier to see and grip. In a decked C-1, I fasten a strap with velcro hooks facing up. This strap runs out the front of the cockpit, and velcro's to the underside of the skirt grab-loop. One pull releases all.

It's easier to see in photos, than to describe in words -- msg. me with your e-mail address if you want pix.

Rick
C'est l'aviron. . . !
Wodza
C Guru

Post by Wodza »

Not sure if you're talking about OC1 or C1 but this thread deals with some ideas for C1:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7969082" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
zralok
c

Post by zralok »

http://www.zralok.estranky.cz/fotoalbum ... 1-kleceni/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pea Pod
C Guru

Post by Pea Pod »

There are some very helpful photos there. Cheers!