Go to boat?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

JimW
C Guru

Re: Go to boat?

Post by JimW »

I can't really play because I only have the Ocoee so I don't have a choice.

Probably says something that I'm pretty happy with it though.
Kelly-Rand
CBoats Addict

Post by Kelly-Rand »

My go to boat when I want to travel in style is my viper C1. It is a very graceful river runner and of all my boats it is the one that kayakers wish they could paddle. For the unknown river and rivers that require alot of manuvering in tight spaces the Dagger Atom has bee the boat of choice. It is the easiest to roll and has been reliable in getting me through most difficult river conditions. It has its draw backs as it tends to surprise you and get wagged by the river but again it is easy to roll. I'm now trying to break in a new go to boat, but I haven't had enough outings to really learn the new craft.
Jim KR

"with single blade in hand
a C-1 I will stand"
keithmasill81
Pain Boater

Post by keithmasill81 »

Currently my Octane 91 as it is the most forgiving and easy to paddle for a relative beginner.

However, I did pick up an Outrage not to long ago and briefly paddled it through some gates. Even without any outfitting to speak of I could speculate that it will be the future favorite once I get it up and running. Just loved the way it accelerated, its weight, and how easy it was to turn.
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

Usually the one I'm not in! :-(

That said... C1 - Sith hands down for everyday boating.... Like the Option (but don't yet have one) so I'm beating with a Prelude (darn good boat) for an OC1.

Like in life no one does it all -- but some do it better than others.
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

The days where I say "I wish I'd brought a more playful boat" are a little sad, but any day paddling is better than a day at work. The days where I say "I wish I'd brought more boat" are ones that can be stressful....
milkman
C Maven

Post by milkman »

I wonder how many other paddlers are like me and own a quiver of canoes, but paddle only one of them. Big water, technical water, creeky or full-on river, I paddle my current favorite. The other canoes in my garage are boats I've moved beyond and lend to new paddlers and keep in case I break my current ride. Other garaged boats are tripping canoes (solo and tandem).
lung
C Guru

Post by lung »

Currently have the Spanish Fly, Karma, and Outrage for river/creek running. Big fan of all 3 and enjoy switching back and forth. If I was heading to an unknown river that I thought was going to be extremely difficult I'd bring the Karma. If I had to go down to owning 1 out of the 3 I'd choose the Spanish Fly. Although I might change my mind and go with the Outrage if there was an abundance of flat water to contend with, or if there was a lot of great multi-day trips around. Guess if there was nothing but really steep continuos creeks I'd probably go with the Karma. Glad I can keep switching it up.