RIP Carter Worthington

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

rainfoot
Pain Boater

RIP Carter Worthington

Post by rainfoot »

The southeast lost a wonderful guy yesterday to the Greenbrier. His smile lit up the river. Dude, you are missed.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/local-news ... s_53626883" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
OC1 spoken here.
Wendy
Paddling Benefactor

Re: RIP Carter Worthington

Post by Wendy »

The news account is not accurate. Carter had a wonderful day on the greenbrier in the Smokies. He had finished his second run and slumped over. He was pulled to shore and cpr started. He came to briefly and said he was floating, then they lost him again. EMS arrived within 5 minutes. CPR had been ongoing. As a doctor hearing the accounts they did everything. He was a friend to so many, more importantly, a father of Emma, and a husband, Sherry. Send love, energy, thoughts for the hard days/ weeks/ years to come, with the loss of one of the most wonderful person I have ever known.
Last edited by Wendy on Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
David G
c

Post by David G »

RIP my friend, and paddle on. You will not be forgotten!
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

Please post when arrangements are known.
Offside
c

Post by Offside »

Glad to have shared some Bullet with him the night before and coffee in the morning. Wish we could have boated one last time, but couldn't make our WOR schedules work. Didn't read the article after the first word "Kayaker".

RIP Carter, will miss you on my eastern trips.

kru
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

He, his family and all his friends are in the thoughts of the cboats community.
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
pblanc
CBoats Addict

Post by pblanc »

I cannot claim to have known Carter as well as many who post here did.

I met him just over a year ago and paddled with him some then, enjoyed his photos and posts on FB over the last year, camped with him at ALF in March, paddled with him again a few weeks ago at the Nantahala where I met Sherry and Emma, and spent some time with them at Turkey Creek Campground. I last saw him and joked with him a bit at Ferebee put-in the day before his passing, and had hoped to spend some time with him at the campground at WOR.

But one of Carter's gifts was the ability to make a person feel like he had known them for years and was a best friend. His warmness, boundless enthusiasm for paddling, and great spirit made one feel better, no matter what kind of day they were having. When I heard the news early Friday morning I was dumbfounded. I could not comprehend that this man who seemed so full of life was gone. I have had a heavy heart ever since.

My sincere condolences to Carter's family and his other friends.
sdbrassfield
Supporting Paddler

Post by sdbrassfield »

Carter was a cool customer my friends...RIP dude...
SYOTR
rainfoot
Pain Boater

Post by rainfoot »

From Carter's FB page:

"Join us in a celebration of the amazing life of Carter Worthington on Saturday August 8, 2015, 4:00pm at the B&B Country Garden Inn in Apex, NC. We will have a ceremony to start, then a chance given to anyone who would like to share a remembrance, or words of inspiration. Immediately following, there will be an open house reception and BBQ.
Parking is limited so please plan to carpool.
This is an outdoor venue."
Semi casual attire & flip flops encouraged!
OC1 spoken here.