Alaska

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Neill.2
C Boater

Alaska

Post by Neill.2 »

Hello CBoats Community... I am moving to Fairbanks Alaska in July. Anyone in the area we can hook up with to show us the rivers??
Yukon
Yukan Canoe

Re: Alaska

Post by Yukon »

Are you driving? I am in Whitehorse if you are and if I am here I can show you some rivers. any chance you would have room for a boat? I dont have one in NC but there is always something available down there
Canoe Instructor and full time canoe fanatic.
Neill.2
C Boater

Post by Neill.2 »

We are indeed driving thru Whitehorse... What are you looking for?
Eli
The Canoe Guru - CBoats.net Sponsor

Post by Eli »

The Fairbanks Paddlers are a pretty active club. If you can't find them, send me a message and I'll try to connect you directly to a few folks.
When in Doubt...Paddle Forward!
www.thecanoeguru.com
magicmike
C Guru

Post by magicmike »

Rafting the Nenana River ,and watching the safety boaters, got me interested in whitewater some 30 years ago. After that trip, I never looked at a river again, without thinking about how I might run it. Alaska Rocks! -M- :D
Neill.2
C Boater

Post by Neill.2 »

Cool, we are looking forward to it... Made contact with the Fairbanks paddlers and looking forward running a few b4 end of season... I hope!!!!!
Yukon
Yukan Canoe

Post by Yukon »

I am just look for rack space if you have it, not sure what is available for solo or tandem boats down there at the moment but usually something available. I have a Paddling school and always looking for boats. The ride is usually the Challenge. We have a great play wave in town in Whitehorse that should be up when you get here. i have lots of boats including Monstar C-1, Spanish fly and Cufly
Canoe Instructor and full time canoe fanatic.
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

Big Dog Force? I'm about an hour point five from Charlotte...
Neill.2
C Boater

Post by Neill.2 »

Yukon... Assume you did not find anything in the Carolina's to buy... We had a much longer and much stranger drive up than we anticipated. We shipped a few kayaks up in the Uhaul but carried my Son's Esq Taureau OC1 and my Big Dog OC1 and paddled a few days out of Jackson Idaho. We overnighted in Whitehorse (had I checked this b4 we would have loved to hit that play hole that afternoon) What is the name of your school, might try and paddle with you next summer... My 12 year old always listens to others much better than his Ole Man.

Neill