Millbrook Armada?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Millbrook Armada?

Post by Sir Adam »

This keeps getting kicked around, so here is it's own thread;)

I think it would be great fun to have a (not necessarily THE) Millbrook Armada the first weekend in May on the Hudson.

Why? Well, for a number of years Millbrooks were made in Riparius, and that is the take out for one section.

It is also the weekend of the Hudson River WW Derby, which a number of local Millbrooks tend to appear it - and given the low attendance lately we have every chance of outnumbering the kayaks! 58th WW Derby this year:)

Saturday is a slalom (novice and giant), Sunday is a 7 mile downriver race (class II / ii+, maybe III depending on water level).

If more snow melts I can provide free camping.

Any takers, or too early in the season?

Might also be fun to have an Armada over near Kaz and check out his shop (if he allows such things).
Keep the C!
Adam
Longboatin
CBoats Addict

Re: Millbrook Armada?

Post by Longboatin »

I would be way into this, but gonna have to be for next year. Already headed to Fiddlehead slalom in May. Also that will give me time to work on getting Dale back north for some runs. definitely want to check out the Derby. 8)
kaz
Millbrook Boats - CBoats.net Sponsor

Re: Millbrook Armada?

Post by kaz »

Hey Adam,
Yes I "allow such things". Just don't expect much and you won't be disappointed :).
JKaz......