Youth Paddling Gloves

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Fleetwalker
C Boater

Youth Paddling Gloves

Post by Fleetwalker »

Just to show what a good dad I am, I'm not just worried about my daughter's feet (see my post on a bow foot brace). She needs paddling gloves. As I mentioned, she's 9, and her hands are short but seem to be wider than is typical. We tried XS NRS Women's HydroSkin Gloves. They were really tight on the main part of her hand, but the fingers were twice as long as her actual fingers. We've had NRS Y-S in the past and they have gotten too small, but the Y-L large look like they will be too long. Does anyone have recommendations for a good paddling gloves (or perhaps diving gloves) for hands that are short but wide?
chuck naill
CBoats Addict

Re: Youth Paddling Gloves

Post by chuck naill »

In the old days, we used gardening gloves. It would be easy to just cut the fingers out since you are mostly wanting the palm area protected.
waterfall
c

Post by waterfall »

My daughter, she's 7, uses gloves from Gul: Gul Powergloves 3mm neoprene.
There is a variety of gloves from Gul, Gil and Thypoon for Kids on http://www.wetsuitoutlet.co.uk/neoprene ... 6_143.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
in size JS, JM, JL, Jinior, XXS etc.
Roger
chuck naill
CBoats Addict

Post by chuck naill »

I just had a thought, those rubber/cloth gloves might work. Harbor Freight has them cheap.