New squirt C1 anyone?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

thomsonbytheriver
Pain Boater

New squirt C1 anyone?

Post by thomsonbytheriver »

I am considering a new design, however I will only embark on the project if I can sell enough to cover my costs. My goal is to achieve a true downtime C1 squirt. Are there at least a half a dozen people who would be in on a new boat? This will be for mystery zombies only.
ezwater
C Maven

Re: New squirt C1 anyone?

Post by ezwater »

Make a SQUART version for heavy people.
Kelly-Rand
CBoats Addict

Post by Kelly-Rand »

I'm a litle skeptical that this approuch will gain support. There are currently two recent C-mystery designs in limited circulation. The Ceamweaver and Mentor. Have you tried these two boats? The limitation to C-mystery is fine leverage control. I have read many posts regarding C-mystery moves and folks do get down time. It seems to take an extreme effort of control to do so though. What new concepts do you bring?
Jim KR

"with single blade in hand
a C-1 I will stand"
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

He'd bring his brilliance and understanding of water, which far exceeds mine 8)

I'd contemplate picking one up, but I've been contemplating picking up a Ceemweaver as well. What has stopped me so far is two-fold:
1) I'm doing less Cquirting these days
2) It's fun to say that my design has twice as many as Jimi's (two Mentors, one Ceemweaver) :wink:

There is definitely room for improvement; I had another thought last night that may be what you're thinking (involves keeping the sprayskirt yet reducing volume around the paddler). Not easy to execute, but possible I think, and more likely for someone of your skill level than mine.
Keep the C!
Adam
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

Agree - Having another Cquirt would be DA Bomb. Unfortunately I just don't have the time or money for one. I'd love to sang a Ceemweaver but its a low priority with kids now in college and / or heading there shortly.

I don't even have the time (priority wise) to increase the size of the cockpit on my Acrobat to handle my new weight! :=( And thats a pretty easy task and I have all the materials.

That said don't stop moving forward... who knows your insight might get us TOG back in cquirts and get new folks in them too. OCs have changed its time for Cquirts to too! :-)
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
thomsonbytheriver
Pain Boater

Thanks for the nod Adam. I've looked at and paddled many shapes. I K1 squirt in a Ninja, which is in my opinion a work of genius. I recently kneeled in the boat on flatwater and was surprised to discover how stable it was. If the cockpit was 4" further forward I would have tried sinking it. There is potential here, though I think some folklore about C1 design might be getting in the way. Time to get outside the box and try something completely different. Think of how cool it would be if you could get down for a 20 second ride and black attack to rapidfire ends. You'd make the K1s look old school.
thomsonbytheriver
Pain Boater

Thanks for the nod Adam. I've looked at and paddled many shapes. I K1 squirt in a Ninja, which is in my opinion a work of genius. I recently kneeled in the boat on flatwater and was surprised to discover how stable it was. If the cockpit was 4" further forward I would have tried sinking it. There is potential here, though I think some folklore about C1 design might be getting in the way. Time to get outside the box and try something completely different. Think of how cool it would be if you could get down for a 20 second ride and black attack to rapidfire ends. You'd make the K1s look old school.