Slalom boat outfitting.

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

John Coraor
CBoats Addict

Re: Slalom boat outfitting.

Post by John Coraor »

I've purchased several Snapdragon skirts previously and I like the product, but I did find that the shock chord rand was tighter and more difficult to put on the coaming than I was used to. As the first few such skirts that I purchased were for my kids when they were younger, their lack of arm strength made it challenging for them to put the skirts on by themselves until they got bigger. I eventually switched to ordering a "River Trek" Snapdragon skirt, which has a slightly looser shock cord rand and is noticeably easier to put-on.

This may not be the sole cause of the problems that you're experiencing, but might be one of several factors.

John
ian109
c

Post by ian109 »

I would ask the guys at river elf
jfkoeppe
C Boater

Post by jfkoeppe »

I'm way, way late in responding. I have a River Elf Storm Chaser C1. I just ordered a spray skirt from Snap Dragon, and it fits the boat fine and is not hard to get on. Two things here. Snap Dragon has a template for a skirt to specifically fit the Storm Chaser from River Elf. I don't know if you got that skirt. If not, that might be a good bit of the problem. Second, I ordered the spray skirt made for class II-III (maybe IV) whitewater, not their class IV-V spray skirt (forget what Snapdragon calls each one). Anyway, the one I got has a stretchier shock cord, although it might not stay on as well in really big whitewater. Hope this helps.