European CBoat Armada 2014

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

savagekevin
c

European CBoat Armada 2014

Post by savagekevin »

Is it too early to discuss this?

I've only made it once due to continual conflict between an annual work conference and the annual armada. But this year I should be free! Hurrah!

So, anyone started thinking about this yet?
Einar
CBoats Addict

Re: European CBoat Armada 2014

Post by Einar »

Any dates, Links and Location.
Paddling is easy, organizing shuttles is hard.
Not misplacing all your crap in somebody else's car seems to be even harder
jakke
CBoats Addict

Post by jakke »

why make it difficult, when it's easily available, Piotrek updated the ECBA website as fast as he could: http://www.europeancboatarmada.tk/

Date: 29 V - 1 VI 2014.
Rivers: Soca & Koritnica / Slovenia
Camping: Kamp Lazar / Kobarid
NZ C1er
C Boater

Post by NZ C1er »

Realy great choice of camp site, nice bar, wonderfull open fire.
bushpaddler
C Guru

Post by bushpaddler »

Definitely worth to join, we will have enough water. See picture of the skiing area attached.
In case we can help with something, just tell us and we will find a solution...

Flo
Attachments
287f4536ffd7262e928d.jpeg
http://www.bushpaddler.de/bilderundtouren.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
savagekevin
c

Post by savagekevin »

Hi Flo

that's terrific. Thanks. I see you say all classes of river are there, that's helpful to know.

I'm trying to convince my wife to come with me this year, but she paddles traditional open canoes on grade 2/3 rivers with me. Be good to know what people have in mind. She thinks everyone is crazy grade 4 solo paddlers so is reluctant to come along.

Thanks for arranging this. It looks wonderful. We've never been to Slovenia so I'm very excited about it.

Cheers
jakke
CBoats Addict

Post by jakke »

It depends a bit on the location, but there are always paddlers of all skill levels. A bit less in the harder regions, but Soca does not really account as a harder region I think.
I expect there will be a lot of people at the 2014 armada, and it'll probably last longer then the usual 4 days, people paddling before and/or after in Slovenia or other regions.
Other then that, Slovenia is a really great country, just being there is worth it, going for a hike or so, socializing with the people, ... .
beereddy
C Guru

Post by beereddy »

Slovenia is an tourist paradise. You can canoeing from class 2 until class 5. You can do caving, canyoning, bicycle riding, downhill, or simply enjoying mountains
savagekevin
c

Post by savagekevin »

OK, then that sounds fantastic! Thanks.
Barskekarsten
Pain Boater

Post by Barskekarsten »

If anyone have a playboat for sale and can bring it to the Armada please give me a heads up. I am in the market for a OC1 or C1 playboat.
craig
CBoats Addict

Post by craig »

Hi this is not really about this years armada but it has to do more with European canoeing. Here is the question. Some of my family is putting together a trip to central Italy in summer 2015. Is there any canoeing in that area or must I travel to the alps in northern Italy or another nearby country? I don't see any posts on here from Italians. This is why I ask. Is there a good source of info for that area? Thanks in advance
NZ C1er
C Boater

Post by NZ C1er »

For summer boating head north, The Soca in Slovenia is reliable and not too threatening. The Noce in Val de Sole near Trento is a step up good early summer. For Spring excitment Val Sesia in Piedmonte is the place to be. And for big water summer go to the Aosta valley in the North West if Italy.
Central Italy is quite flat and in summer hot and dry, the only boating would be flat water on one of the major rivers.
TheKrikkitWars
CBoats.net Staff

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

I was meant to be in Soca around that time anyway, which has now fallen through and am now talking to my Partner (a kayaker, who originally convinced me to head there) about us two still going, assuming she agrees. I'll just have to convince work to give me the time off, and et voila, I'll finally make it to a C-Boats Armarda after... much too long.
Joshua Kelly - "More George Smiley than James Bond"

CBoats Moderator - Not necessarily representing the CBoats staff though...(I'll use words like "moderator", "We" and "CBoats" to make it clear when I am)
craig
CBoats Addict

Post by craig »

Thanks nz c1er
jakke
CBoats Addict

Post by jakke »

Craig, if you have to travel, you could also consider crossing the French border, heading to the Durance valley. There you have a wide variaty of sections going from I to V/VI. There are some more famous runs, with a bit more volume on the Durance (rabioux wave). And some really nice smaller technical runs.
What kind of difficulty are you looking for? I? V? ...