Light L'edge v/s L'edge (responsiveness)

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Einar
CBoats Addict

Re: Light L'edge v/s L'edge (responsiveness)

Post by Einar »

Guilty of yakking without much experiencing... but other peoples opinions are rounding out my thoughts so this thread is working for me.
A couple of friends have ridden their L'Edges hard and put them away wet and they are forming the backbone of my (h) L'Edge knowledge. Their hulls have stood up.

But as to the (l) L'Edge most of my paddling has been on the keyboard. No one has one locally.

What is driving my interest is that I am looking for an upgrade in experience, a change in style, not just a higher grade-same moves. The Light L'edge looks like it would do that. Shake me out a bit.
A couple of posters know me and probably would say my 200 lbs is hard on gear and combined with a little bit of attitude this is making me look at the Light L'Edge with a hard eye.

Jan, loved the gas cost riff. On the money, so to speak.
Paddling is easy, organizing shuttles is hard.
Not misplacing all your crap in somebody else's car seems to be even harder
boatbuster
CBoats Addict

Post by boatbuster »

You can save a lot of money going to gym and pumping iron by getting a regular L'Edge and learning to push it around. No, this is not a good boat for the paddler under 150 pounds. But I don't buy this stuff about lighter being more durable or flexible. Whatever Esquif did to fix the problem with the initial models worked, did it not? I am sticking with my SL'Edge until I wear it out.
mahyongg
C Guru

Post by mahyongg »

Resilient is the word... :D

Einer, try an Option as well if you can. Fun boat.
pmp
CBoats Addict

Post by pmp »

sure i have a biased opinion... but i love the L l'edge, so quick to respond, and does change arcs better. my only complaint is that it's yellow, not red... but i'm almost over that:)
paul
bubblestreet.ca
theracane.ca