Moisie by NovaCraft

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

djutzi
C Guru

Moisie by NovaCraft

Post by djutzi »

Hey, wondering if anybody has a boat report on the new Moisie tandem whitewater tripper by NovaCraft?

I've seen a couple of media reviews but I'd love to hear from the c-boats community, especially if somebody has been using one for a while and can comment on durability, etc.

Thanks!
DougB
CBoats Addict

Re: Moisie by NovaCraft

Post by DougB »

No first hand experience with the boat but from what I've seen it appears to be copy of the Canyon, which is a copy of the Starburst.
Gord
Pain Boater

Post by Gord »

I have been using the Moisie's all season for tripping and teaching tandem whitewater. I am very pleased with them

They are very close to the Starburst. A bit more rounded on the bottom and 2" deeper than the Starburst. These changes result in higher seats and a very dry boat. When the boat is empty, the high seats make the boat a bit less stable than the Starburst, but loaded, the boat is very stable.

Definitely one of the better whitewater tripping canoes out there.
ezwater
C Maven

Post by ezwater »

Somebody should try doing a copy of the Dagger Dimension. That would be worthwhile piracy.
Dave.E
C Guru

Post by Dave.E »

Never paddled one but it will be a solid boat for river tripping. To echo what others have said I have also heard that the mold is made from a starburst... Which is an awesome boat.

Because of the extra height it should be very similar to a Canyon.

Can't go wrong.
https://vimeo.com/user32086287" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;