Esprit Costa Rica/Mexico...Have you been?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Riverken
C Guru

Re: Esprit Costa Rica/Mexico...Have you been?

Post by Riverken »

What activities do you have for non paddlers (who are also non horse riders)?
ianp
C Boater

Post by ianp »

Are there set dates yet for trips this Winter?
esprit
C Guru

Post by esprit »

Hi Riverken,

We have a few different options for non paddlers.

We have a new program that includes 2 days of paddling instruction (Canoe or Kayak), 2 days rafting (Pacuare River) followed by 2 days with surfing instruction at the beach.

For a complete land based program we offer an interpretive rainforest hike with naturalist guide, option tours to coffee, chocolate and or organic pineapple plantations, local cooking lessons, canopy tour, serpentarium, butterfly nursery and wildlife boat safari to name a few. Off river activities can be scheduled as full days or half days and can be customized on a day by day basis. Non paddling participants still eat and sleep with the rest of the group (somehow that doesn't read correctly... but I am sure you get what i mean).

Oh ya... there is also horseback riding (haha).

If you want to PM me with the non paddlers interests I am sure we can help create something awesome for them.

Jim
esprit
C Guru

Post by esprit »

Hey IanP,

Dates are every Saturday to Saturday starting Nov. 23 - Feb. 15

Dec. 7-15 is not available as we are running a specialized rescue program call R3-Elite.

Right now all dates are open. We start to consolidate and close dates as of Oct. 1... so any bookings then get priority.

Jim
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

When I go again (hopefully with family in tow) we will DEFINITELY go back to the chocolate planation:)
Keep the C!
Adam
dafriend
C Guru

Post by dafriend »

I just watched most of your videos (again) and have to agree with the comments of others - there's a lot of big water and drops that are likely to scare away the less adventurous boaters. Maybe a series of "shorts" that feature rivers by class would be effective.

As a video maker with 30+ years of experience and a moderately good OC driver I would be happy to help. (Did I say that out loud?) :oops:
esprit
C Guru

Post by esprit »

Thank you very much for the feedback, and particularly for the offer! We are working on posting some "less gnarly" footage and hope that it will draw the attention of those looking for a more moderate adventure.

Those that have joined us (either in CR or in Mexico) can certainly vouch for us and our ability to cater to all level of paddlers. We also endevour to show our guests more than just the rivers. Local culture and ecology are woven into the fabric of our trips.

We will keep your suggestion in mind in our new round of videos coming out this winter.

On another note... would anyone be interested in a trip that included a 2 day river rescue course (R3-Rec) ?
2opnboat1
Mohawk Canoes

Post by 2opnboat1 »

I have to agree with Adam, I cant wait to go back with family in tow. Jim runs the smoothest trip I have ever been on, I was very impressed with how the trip were arranged, he always had a game plan for the people that did want to paddle what everyone else was boating that day. The room and board was great.
Richard Guin
Lazy good for nothing slacker
SkeeterGuy86
Select Paddles Sponsored Paddler

Post by SkeeterGuy86 »

I wish i could afford to take a trip to Coasta Rica .... and I like the idea of a 2 day quick lesson on R3
SG86

here in the south east god paddles on the left and that's how he made our rivers ~ oc1paddlr

http://select-kayaks.com/en/paddles/canoe-raft/c1/
penorman

Post by penorman »

Just adding a testimonial here. We paddled with Esprit in Mexico a couple of years ago and they did a great job. Our group was mostly intermediate paddlers and the staff was good at tailoring runs to folks' skill level. We went in February when water levels are down in both Mexico and Costa Rica. I have also done a trip with Costa Rica Rios. Highly recommend them both.