Some better shots of my first canoe design

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

valhallalongboats
C Guru

Some better shots of my first canoe design

Post by valhallalongboats »

Getting pretty close now, just need to finish filling in the bottom. The ends are being shaped out of foam, and I haven't put them on just yet. Final length will be 13'2", final width at waterline 28.5". Errr...no, sorry. Final width at the waterline is 25.5"...maximum width at the beam is 28.5.
The basic theory of the canoe was to design something that carves like a Viper, spins and surfs like an Ocoee, and accelerates like an Outrage. This is probably an impossible task, but I won't know until I get it on the water.
Attachments
beowulf3.jpg
beowulf2.jpg
beowulf1.jpg
Canoeing isn't a sport...its an art. Unfortunately, I am not exactly Michelangelo.
canotrouge
C Guru

Re: Some better shots of my first canoe design

Post by canotrouge »

Interesting... I want to see more!!
valhallalongboats
C Guru

I'd love to show you more! Only problem is I had to make a road trip to pick up some stuff for the project, and blew a tire a hundred miles from home. My car has one of those really awesome 'hop-along' spare tires, (I'm not driving a hundred miles on this mickey mouse pile of ......)so I'm stranded here waiting for the tire shops to open in the morning. I'll post some more pics when I resume work.
Canoeing isn't a sport...its an art. Unfortunately, I am not exactly Michelangelo.
canotrouge
C Guru

Post by canotrouge »

I hear ya on the "donut" spare... Good luck.
Cheers
David
valhallalongboats
C Guru

PROGRESS!!

Finally got back to work today! Need to cut some custom pieces tomorrow and this sucker will be stripped! Then all I have to do is sand, and sand, and sand, and sand, and sand, and then...I'll probably need to do some sanding.
Attachments
beowulf5.jpg
beowulf4.jpg
canotrouge
C Guru

Post by canotrouge »

Can't wait to see the final thing!!