C-Boater Nominated for Canoe &Kayak "Boater of the Year"

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

NedPoff
C Boater

C-Boater Nominated for Canoe &Kayak "Boater of the Year"

Post by NedPoff »

Jordan Poffenberger has been nominated for Canoe & Kayak Magazine's "Boater of the Year" Use the link, below, to show your support by voting for him, please!! He's the only c-boater among the nominees. His bio has his latest accomplishments, including representing the USA in slalom and freestyle(c-1 and OC-1) and setting c-1 world records for running DeSoto, Salhalie, and Metlako waterfalls, the last being 101 feet tall! Pass this on to your friends and family and get the vote out for our fellow c-boater. Thanks.

http://www.canoekayak.com/canoe-kayak-a ... -the-year/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
milkman
C Maven

Re: C-Boater Nominated for Canoe &Kayak "Boater of the Year"

Post by milkman »

Agree with your choice, but he's not the only c-boater. There's also Dane Jackson. What I like about Dane is he has sway with a major boat manufacturer. I believe Jackson is the only kayak manufacturer to offer C1 outfitting as an option and I think that's all Dane's influence.
NedPoff
C Boater

Post by NedPoff »

True, Dane canoes, too, but only for competitions, that I've seen. What I mean is that Dane is first, and foremost, a kayaker (who can canoe) whereas, Jordan is primarily, almost solely a canoeist (sp?) . . I think, EJ, as Dane's Dad, and pres. of the boat manufacturer that sponsors him had as much, if not more to do with Jackson making C-1 outfitting as Dane. EJ has always had success doing right by his kids - making kid-size playboats that turned out to be great for the sport, getting lots of kids into the sport at an early age.
Last edited by NedPoff on Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paddle Power
C Maven

Post by Paddle Power »

EJ also is knowledge about single blade paddling and paddled C1. He's a talented paddler, single or double blade.
Brian
http://www.JohnstonPursuits.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cheeks
CBoats Addict

Post by Cheeks »

Jordan is a great boater and an even better dude, come on guys what he has been doing in the OC1 and C1 world is huge. He crushed the records at the green race in both divisions, running the race in an Ion no less. I voted for him and hope he wins
Chris Loomis
rainfoot
Pain Boater

Post by rainfoot »

Eric Deguil also paddles OC1, taking 2nd in the Green Race driving a Prelude a year or so back. I'm guessing he's primarily a double-blader although I do not know that 'for sure'
OC1 spoken here.
milkman
C Maven

Post by milkman »

Obviously all pretty amazing paddlers. Jordan has my vote based on his accomplishments--I was just pointing out the contributions of the Jacksons, which many of you know more about than I do.