Boat of the Week - Perception Slasher

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Tony D
c

Re: Boat of the Week - Perception Slasher

Post by Tony D »

Hey Guys,

Aaaaaarrr the Trasher... I've had 2 of these awesome boats. Both got stolen...

I'm new to the forum. I'm returning to the sport after a 10 year hiatus. I'm in the military and just moved to Columbus GA. Low and behold this amazing whitewater park. So I just bought a beater of a boat and can't wait to get playing again.

The Slasher was an awesome boat. I always would raise the seat because, yes, the saddle was too low out of the box and your entire lower body would go numb. LOL. My older brother paddled the Gyra Huge(gyramax), the big brother of the Trasher.

The Slasher was awesome fast and super sharp edges. It was basically a plastic slalom boat. The enders were epic though...

Paddling this thing was like driving a hot knife through butter as you would cut through waves. Looking over the front always reminded me of a corvette, or something, because it's nose looked like an arrowhead. Also Perception put this weird cap thingy on the front as stock. I'll have to go digging to see if I can find some old school ender pics, this thing would launch into outer space if you endered or squirted the back correctly.

TD
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

You just know that when a boat like that gets stolen it's been taken by somebody who has no idea what it is...
Tony D
c

Post by Tony D »

sbroam wrote:You just know that when a boat like that gets stolen it's been taken by somebody who has no idea what it is...
Absolutely..... LOL that boat is still probably sitting in a Play it Again Sports somewhere....

I found some pics. Ahhhh, the citizen races at the Nantahala, circa 1995ish I think. I used to always win... LOL because they were like "uh, I guess we need to make a plastic C1 class"....

Wow, seriously... This was like another lifetime ago. I think I was like 16 or 17...

Tony D.
Attachments
IMG_20130529_171859_383.jpg
IMG_20130529_165921_190.jpg