Fiddlehead slalom race

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

pmp
CBoats Addict

Fiddlehead slalom race

Post by pmp »

Just back from the fiddlehead race, in Vermonrt. was a great event, thanks dan and crew for putting it on. Accidentally managed to register willa and I in the OC-2 Mixed, composite class which was fine but we were paddling an Esquif royalex Blast. Well we blasted the course and did respectable in the podium finish so thanks to Jacques at esquif, good boat!
But hey, tried out John Kazimierczyk's new OC-1 composite boat the shacho... wow, fast, stable, light and pea soup green colour. Three of those features made it so much fun to paddle i hated to give it back.
paul
bubblestreet.ca
theracane.ca
Bob P
CBoats Addict

Re: Fiddlehead slalom race

Post by Bob P »

I posted my sloppy first run on the YouTube Machine.
Bob P
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

Post by KNeal »

pmp wrote:tried out John Kazimierczyk's new OC-1 composite boat the shacho... wow, fast, stable, light and pea soup green colour. Three of those features made it so much fun to paddle i hated to give it back.
paul
Not much of a fan of stability, are ya? :wink:
C-boats Moderator

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing-absolutely nothing-half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
Stingray
C Guru

Post by Stingray »

No much of a fan when I'm in big water, don't like bailing, The Millbrook Rayge works great for this, fast, turns, stable, surfs and dry.
kaz
Millbrook Boats - CBoats.net Sponsor

Post by kaz »

What exactly are you saying Ray?
JKaz......
Stingray
C Guru

Post by Stingray »

kaz, forgot the word stability, Bob thanks for the video, looks like enough water.
Bob P
CBoats Addict

Post by Bob P »

Stingray wrote:kaz, forgot the word stability, Bob thanks for the video, looks like enough water.
There were a couple shallow spots but altogether, a good course. The waves at the bottom were still high enough to get water over the bow of the Spark and a little over the gunwales of my race boat. :-?
Bob P