River Elf Storm Chaser C-1

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Berkshire Jack
Pain Boater

Re: River Elf Storm Chaser C-1

Post by Berkshire Jack »

Congrats River Elf. The Storm Chaser C1 looks like a great design. I really love semi-planing hulls. They seem to have the right mix of properties for river running and surfing. The high volume bow for re-surfacing, and only 22 - 24 lbs to boof - what is not to love. Alas, my present C1 conversion creeker is nowhere near the end of its useful life. Maybe, it will find a rock to crack its hull and I can schedule a trip down south to try out your spin on the C1 world.

I tried talking up your boat on the river today with another C1 friend, whose go-to boat is very close to seeing its last season. Now if I can get him to go down south .... :lol: :lol:
C1-er
unkltwisto
C Boater

Post by unkltwisto »

Thanks for helping spread the word!! We'll try to make it up that way soon - maybe toward the fall...thanks again for the kind words!
Chris
unkltwisto
C Boater

Post by unkltwisto »

Unfortunately, we are not going to make it to the Armada next weekend. I was truly hoping that some of you would get a chance to paddle our new River Elf boat at that time but due to unforseen circumstances and scheduling conflicts we aren't going to be able to make it. As an alternative, we are discussing an east coast trip maybe later in the summer - I will keep you posted. Thanks again for all the interest in our new design and I'm sorry that things aren't going to work out for us to be there next weekend.
Chris at River Elf
Yukon
Yukan Canoe

Post by Yukon »

Now that this boat has been out for some time wondering how people are liking it? Who has one and where are you paddling it.

I will be in North Carolina week of Oct 22 wondering if anyone has one in the area I could try out when I am down there.
Canoe Instructor and full time canoe fanatic.
ian123
CBoats Addict

Post by ian123 »

A $2000- composite creek boat. Good luck.
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

Small market for sure, but there are lots of old composite creekers out there, so it is about time for a modern one.

I'll name a few... and laugh all you want, but at the time of their debut they were considered creek boats (remember so was the Dagger Cascade!)

- Blackwater
-Descender
-Hornet
-Magnet

At least two of those are post - Cascade (Hornet, which was based on the Cascade) and Magnet), so plastic didn't replace composite for all in the creeking world.

I'm not sure how many Storm Chasers have been made in total yet - my guess would be less than half a dozen, including prototype boats, but that is just a guess. Hopefully the folks at RiverElf will chime in here with a bit more info.

I DO know one is destined for the Northeast this fall, likely before the end of October 8)
Keep the C!
Adam
unkltwisto
C Boater

Post by unkltwisto »

Hi Yukon,
We've only built a handful of them and currently only 3 in the SE U.S.

Will you be in the NC mountains when you are here in October or elsewhere in NC?
There are a few other folks in that area who have recently inquired so I could probably meet you during that time for a demo. you can email me at: chris(at)riverelf(dot)com and I'll do my best to make it happen.

Chris