Colorado in June

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

slomoracing
C Boater

Colorado in June

Post by slomoracing »

I may be traveling to Golden Colorado in June and was wondering if anybody here had a boat ( C 1 creeker or OC 1 creeker) they might rent me? I normally paddle a L'edge or a Nomad 8.5. Also just looking for people to paddle with at that time. Still very tentative but having a boat makes it far more likely. I would also consider buying an old Cascade if someone had one to sell.
Larry Horne
C Maven

Re: Colorado in June

Post by Larry Horne »

is there any water in CO?
they're flocking here and we don't even have any water this year.
Larry
slomoracing
C Boater

Post by slomoracing »

Well that is the hope anyway...
Shep
CBoats Addict

Post by Shep »

I have a kayaker friend in Golden who would be good to connect you with. I am thinking about coming up for FIBArk in the middle of June, which is in Salida about 2.5 hours south, but it would probably be worth coming down to run the Arkansas if you are up for some class 4 (I've never run it). If we do make it, I might be able to loan a boat (it would be an Option or a Spanish Fly most likely).

Thanks,
Shep
cadster
CBoats Addict

Post by cadster »

Not much boatable now, but that's normal. Snowpack in central and northern mtns is much better than last year, but still below normal. SW mtns are similar to last year. Animas and Piedra will run, but be done by June.

Clear Creek above Golden will likely be runnable in June, but at a level hard on boats. Further away, but which should have more water are the Poudre and Ark.

AJ would likely be your best bet on finding a loaner boat. Ask him if Michael has gotten a replacement for his cracked Mamba. Problem might be if so the Mamba wouldn't be outfitted. Michael also had a neglected Skeeter at one time, too.