Mohawk blows .........

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

YTcanoe
C Guru

Mohawk blows .........

Post by YTcanoe »

..... it.

Over 5 weeks have passed since they promised me an overnight response/info on an inquiry. Two reminders later and still nothing. Two plus sales lost. I was just deciding on outfitting options on a new viper and the gf wanted a solo13. Guess they're too busy designing new boats to worry about sales and service. My excitement over the Phiend has diminished.

To balance this - I can't say enough about my dealings with Jeremy. Near instant info and responses, exceptional. Did everything but personally deliver. Blackfly has a customer for life and loyal advocate. I now have two of his boats. Just needs to build something a little longer and more trad for me to instruct out of, (students are still showing up in Rivals), and trip.
Will also endorse Tony at Undercurrents (alberta), excellent service and advice.
2opnboat1
Mohawk Canoes

Re: Mohawk blows .........

Post by 2opnboat1 »

Yt I did send you a quote and when I did not get a response i figured that the shipping was to high at 390 a boat it is high or maybe I just did not want to sale you a boat.
Richard Guin
Lazy good for nothing slacker
YTcanoe
C Guru

Post by YTcanoe »

No reply ever received and it was not a quote I was waiting on. We never talked about shipping.
2opnboat1
Mohawk Canoes

Post by 2opnboat1 »

Ok then what were you needing, now it has nothing to do with saving you as a customer, and that is understandable but I really do not remember what it was we discussed. I have learned that after a person has bashed you on the web there is no need to fight or to make excuses, just learn as much about the problem so it does not happen again. So instead of doing this on a public forum how about refresh me in a pm.

thanks
richard
Richard Guin
Lazy good for nothing slacker
clarion
C Guru

Post by clarion »

From the subject line I thought this was going to be about the new manufacturing method :roll: ...
It AIN'T bent.
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

Thank you for taking it off line. Hopefully misunderstandings can be address to everyone's benefit.
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

Nice to see you both taking the high road. I hope it is resolved to the best it can be.
Keep the C!
Adam
VTBoater
Pain Boater

Post by VTBoater »

For the record, I once contacted Mohawk privately and politely about a matter, and then the owner of the company went on a public forum and bashed me quite nastily. Just be warned that they don't always take the high road. I see no reason to support a company with deplorable behavior when there are so many other great manufacturers out there.
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

Please keep in mind that Mohawk has gone through a few ownership changes, and a few years ago things were indeed pretty rocky when a partnership didn't work out as planned. It does not excuse any current or past behavior, but it isn't fair to the current owner if it isn't the same folks running the show.... If it IS the same, hopefully lessons have been learned!
Keep the C!
Adam
VTBoater
Pain Boater

Post by VTBoater »

I don't want to belabor the point, but my experience was definitely with the current owner. It was a very upsetting incident, really beyond the pale of civil behavior.
ezwater
C Maven

Post by ezwater »

I've dealt with the current outfit over the phone about special/custom accessory purchases, and they were extremely helpful and cooperative.
plasticman
c

Post by plasticman »

VTBoater, please post links to the "bashing", if you would.
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

Post by KNeal »

This topic is being monitored as it contains negative comments about a company. Please watch your comments. It is most strongly recommended that personal experiences are taken to the company directly or to that individual so it may be resolved to some level of satisfaction. This site does not tolerate "bashing" on individuals or on any company. Again, if you want to resolve something, take the issue away from this site and take it to the person or company.
C-boats Moderator

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing-absolutely nothing-half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
VTBoater
Pain Boater

Post by VTBoater »

Fair enough, and understood. I don't want to violate forum etiquette. I'd meant to share a specific and verifiable experience in the spirit of caveat emptor, not to bash generally.
Pierre LaPaddelle
CBoats Addict

Post by Pierre LaPaddelle »

VTBoater wrote: . . . I'd meant to share a specific and verifiable experience . . . not to bash generally.
Wow! I think we're on to something here!

Let's adapt Sir Adams idea -- how about a Bash of the Week!

Where should we start? How about Brussels Sprouts? Gasoline Prices? Ingrown toe-nails? Parking tickets? Conservative Politicians? Kayakers? (No, wait -- we've done that one!). . . :wink:
C'est l'aviron. . . !