Jackson Star/Fun K-1 to C-1?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

hammerhead
C Guru

Jackson Star/Fun K-1 to C-1?

Post by hammerhead »

I know, We've been here before. I'm looking at a Star or Fun series boat from Jackson to either convert or have factory convert. "Need" a boat I can throw around more than my riverrunners(Atom, CriticalMass & various openboats). I'm getting closer to making this a reality and I need some thoughts, ideas and experiences. I weigh just over 200# and am 6 ft tall. I am looking to use the boat for riverplay, vertical moves and maybe to get some air(not a priority). Other boat suggestions are Ok, but I usually end up back at Jackson. Main problem, Haven't been able to paddle any of their boats C-1. Peace...
rivercowboy
C Boater

Re: Jackson Star/Fun K-1 to C-1?

Post by rivercowboy »

Here's the link to the kit from jackson kayaks.

http://store.jacksonkayak.com/c1-outfitting/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I haven't paddled any of their boats as a C boat yet, but hope to soon.
Charlie Wilkerson
ACA Certified Whitewater Canoe Instructor
Dickson, TN
Shep
CBoats Addict

Post by Shep »

I have played with their C1 setup, and I am ambivalent about it. I would prefer not to be locked into having a Jackson boat, and just doing my own conversion, but if you already know you want a Star, it is pretty fast to get it installed...
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

I have a super star and a Monstar that I've converted to C1 (without Jackson factory kit). I'm about 190, 5'7". The Monstar was huge, I ran creeks in that thing it was so big but a heafty dose of heat and weight squashed the rear end and a bit of the bow resulted in a much more playful boat. The Super Star is about right for my height/weight. Very playful and easy to throw around. I've also paddled the medium Rockstar as C1 but felt it too small. I'd suggest sizing up one size from the recommended 'kayak' fit chart to C1 it.