We are mobile friendly!

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

kenneth
CBoats.net Staff

We are mobile friendly!

Post by kenneth »

I've just made it so that the forum software will detect mobile browsers and automatically present you with a slimmed down version of the form to fit on your device! Woot!

A few things to remember:
1. You can always switch back to the full version of the site by clicking the "Switch to full style" link or back to the mobile version by clicking the "Switch to mobile version"
2. The style it uses is the default, and I might play around with other look-n-feels until I'm happy (so don't be surprised if the colors or layout of the mobile version changes over the next few weeks)
3. In the coming months, I'll be looking at other ways to make CBoats more mobile friendly. Primarily, I am looking into supporting forum apps like tapatalk - and since I seriously hate those "do you want to use our app?" popups, I am already dreaming up a way to easily get around them.

As always, while using the mobile style on your mobile device, please let me know if you have any problems or suggestions!
arhdc
CBoats Addict

Re: We are mobile friendly!

Post by arhdc »

So far I'm loving it.

The option to easily go to the full style is nice for some things but so far I am really liking the mobile formatting.

I agree, the popups for the mobile apps are a pain, getting around them would be great.
~Aaron~

Just being willing to try is half the battle.
Wendy
Paddling Benefactor

Post by Wendy »

Thanks, great so far
carter1
Pain Boater

Post by carter1 »

agree, much easier!
c