A few changes to the site, and forum rule updates

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

adamin
CBoats.net Staff

A few changes to the site, and forum rule updates

Post by adamin »

After some great discussion with Eli, Richard, Jeremy, Jim, Cheeks, Veronica, Dan, and Kate in Costa Rica I've updated the forum rules here a bit. If you haven't read through them in a while please do so (first post in "announcement" section at the top). I've consolidated the post and given a bit of the sites back history as well for those curious in how this site came to be what it is.

I have also updated the video rules - we are now allowing linking to cboating videos which may have "strong language" IF YOU NOTE IT IN THE THREAD TITLE. Our aim is to still have a work and kid friendly site but allow folks to link to videos they create or see that may not be our forum's G or PG rating.

We will be removing a few un-used forums, and doing some other site clean up as well... plus some exciting behind the scenes stuff that we'll announce once it is completed.

Thank you all for being part of our community.

Adam
yarnellboat
C Maven

Re: A few changes to the site, and forum rule updates

Post by yarnellboat »

Thanks Adam & team for all the work on this great site. I stumbled on it years ago when I was just getting into solo ww and was researching a few used boats, and I never left!

While you're thinking about this stuff, I think the difference between the main forum and the "starting out" forum never really caught on. I think a lot of good questions/threads get missed by those who only check the main forum, and newcomers who post there probably miss out on some responses from experienced regulars.

Repetitive as it can be, I think giving advice to new C-boaters is an important role for this on-line community, and the "starting out" forum seems to have created some confusion.

Thanks again, Pat.
oc ender
C Guru

Post by oc ender »

Thanks for the effort you put into the site,it's an excellent form to keep cboating alive.

It makes the community much smaller and tighter knit that give us the brotherhood/sisterhood feel as we progress through the sport.I don't feel so alone when i'm upside down,i know my support group is always there! :lol:

Good job,high five!!!
That wasn't carnage,watch this...
Paddle Power
C Maven

Post by Paddle Power »

I really appreciate all the work and effort that you have done to foster the CBoats community.
Brian
http://www.JohnstonPursuits.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
thomsonbytheriver
Pain Boater

Post by thomsonbytheriver »

Props.
arhdc
CBoats Addict

Post by arhdc »

Thanks for continuing to move this community forward.

Truly, for new boaters this is often their first exposure to the idea of white water canoeing.
~Aaron~

Just being willing to try is half the battle.
arhdc
CBoats Addict

Post by arhdc »

Also.........

Loving the mobile theme!!!!

Thanks Adam and Ken
~Aaron~

Just being willing to try is half the battle.
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

Huge props to Kenneth for getting the mobile side of things up and working!
Keep the C!
Adam