Dagger Nomad 8.5

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Albertaboat
c

Dagger Nomad 8.5

Post by Albertaboat »

I'm thinking about buying a used nomad 8.5 and am wondering if people have found they need to order a custom skirt for the boat or if a normal (snapdragon) skirt will work? what sort of distance from the back of the cockpit to front of the backrest, people are using for the boat?

Thanks
driftwood
C Guru

Re: Dagger Nomad 8.5

Post by driftwood »

First off I got an 8.5 this year and it is by far the best c1 I have ever paddled (that includes the Remix and Burn both of which I owned for years)

My snap dragon skirt fits great but it is a C1 skirt. So cockpit size is not a problem but I would recommend a skirt with a tunnel that is moved forward.
Will dance for rain
Albertaboat
c

Post by Albertaboat »

Right on, thanks, just wondering if you don't mind me asking what a c1 skirt w cost you from snapdragon?

thanks
bcmcmillan
C Boater

Post by bcmcmillan »

I usually have about 6 inches behind me to the cockpit and I have just used a standard kayak skirt in my nomad. Absolutely amazing boat! I never had any trouble with my IR or bomber gear skirt fitting or popping of due to being to tight.
Good Lines,
Brad
BillP
C Boater

Post by BillP »

Agree with others, big Nomad is a great C1!
I sit 7-8" forward in my Nomad and never had any trouble with a standard skirt, but I also have an IR Lucky Charm skirt modified for C1, and it's even better. Although the standard skirt works, it feels tight on the rim - the IR doesn't, and I also have more general freedom of movement. The extra-long tunnel is nice, too!
driftwood
C Guru

Post by driftwood »

sorry, I don't know what the skirt cost, got it for free. I have called the snapdragon folks about other products and they are friendly.
Will dance for rain
Albertaboat
c

Post by Albertaboat »

Thanks for the info, apreciate it, Hopefully it works out to buy the boat, sweet to hear how much you guys like it.