z drag kit/ first aid kit storage?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

lung
C Guru

z drag kit/ first aid kit storage?

Post by lung »

I just bought all the crap for my z drag kit and I'm going to get a first aid kit together. Was debating how to store it on my boat, or person. What's your preferred method? I have a greenjacket and I've heard of people putting all the z drag kit on the jacket. I know another guy that puts the contents for each in 2 separate nalgenes. Don't think I want nalgenes flying around though. I thought it might be nice to have it all in one dry bag, but maybe I should separate them. ideas?
canotrouge
C Guru

Re: z drag kit/ first aid kit storage?

Post by canotrouge »

I cary mine in two separate bags, that I place under the flotation. I do cary 2 biners and a prusik loop on me.
kilroywashere!
c

Post by kilroywashere! »

what all do you have in your kit? i carry one 48" sling and a biner or two along with a prussick in my green jacket so i can at least be johnny on the spot and have an achor built, while doing that have someone get the rest of the kit out if there are others with...if not, at least the sling is handy.
lung
C Guru

Post by lung »

I have 4 carabiners(2 locking), 2 prusiks, a 15' sling of webbing, and 2 fixed pulleys. I'm going off of how I was taught by a SWR course.
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

First aid kit - in a dry bag, separate.

The "pin kit" - depends... I have a small dry bag and a small, heavy duty mesh bag. I like the mesh bag because it drains, which was a handy feature in the SWR class I took when I had the gear in and out all day, but even if you weren't using the gear, it would get wet and heavy. The dry bag keeps it dry and light till you need it. Bright colors of course.

In the bag - 2 prussiks (one might be on my waist), sling, 4 biners (2 locking), a "sheeve" to turn one of my biners into a pulley and a small folding *saw*.
madmike
C Guru

Post by madmike »

2 lockers, and 2 pulleys in one side pocket of the Green Jacket, Small aide kit in the other side. Snacks and 2 prussiks in the front. 15' webbing loop with 3rd locker worn around waist.
jakke
CBoats Addict

Post by jakke »

My most important piece of resque equipment, and used most often is my cell phone, in my pfd.

2 locking carabiners and a small sling in the pfd, eventually a 4m band sling with carabiner attached between pfd and the upper body, depending on the stretch of water. Prusik would be good too though.

and I was actually thinking of getting myself an astral green pfd because of the more convenient pockets to store resque equipment.
madmike
C Guru

Post by madmike »

Wait until the new Greenjacket comes out in March. It looks good.
mahyongg
C Guru

Post by mahyongg »

Here's carrying a 120cm 8mm Dyneema sling, 2 SMC prussik minding pulleys, 2 mammut pro cord slings for a modified Bachmann knot (no prussik use here any more..) 2 regular locking biners and 1 HMS Biner in my PFD front pocket all the time. Plus a paddling biner on my (elongated, for OC1) pig-/cowtail.
No use if its in a boat, which may get lost. My GF has it all spread out over her Green Jacket's pockets which is way nicer because you can pull it all out selectively.. instead of having one big lump of stuff like me. I attach everything together so nothing can fall out on the riverbank if I pull it out..

Cheers,

J.

ps. Jan, my mobile is around my neck in a waterproof thingy ;D
Shep
CBoats Addict

Post by Shep »

I don't worry about having mechanical advantage gear in my jacket. If I need an MA system, having to grab my drybag (which also has a fairly large first-aid kit) isn't going to add that much time to the setup. I prefer to keep emergency food/sunscreen/swimmer rescue gear (primarily some locking biners) on my body so that they are super convenient.

Shep
Lennart
Pain Boater

Post by Lennart »

in boat
first aid
boothiebag (in cold weather)
repairkit ect.

on me
mobile
whistle
watch
sling 2 screwgates
energybars
knife
trowrope
and pinkit(2 pullley, 2prussik, 2 screws)
Propper Writing in English, how do you do that, with dyslexia, bad hand eye coordination, ect. and in a foreign language
sorry fore all the mistakes.