Grand Canyon Canoeing Video

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Cheeks
CBoats Addict

Grand Canyon Canoeing Video

Post by Cheeks »

I just got back from a Grand Canyon trip with Creeker, among others. This is the link to the post with the video, I've also posted some pictures and will post more.

http://www.cheeksadventure.com/2012/08/ ... yon-video/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For anyone who hasn't done this trip, all I can say is, go do it. It was single handedly the best boating trip I've ever had. This February I'll be putting in for a 2014 permit, because as soon as I got to Pearce Ferry, I just wanted to go put on again.

Chris
Chris Loomis
clarion
C Guru

Re: Grand Canyon Canoeing Video

Post by clarion »

Very cool Chris! I was leaning in my chair at Lava Falls. :lol:
It AIN'T bent.
Cheeks
CBoats Addict

Post by Cheeks »

So was I... :o

I guess Lava has changed significantly in the last year or so, at least since the people who had previously run the river on our trip. It's a meaty line. Part of me would like to go back and clean up the mess a bit, and part of me never wants to be that close to the Ledge Hole and Cheese Grater Rock again.

Overall though it was a great trip, and I'll be applying in February for a permit to do it again
Chris Loomis
milkman
C Maven

Post by milkman »

... as soon as I got to Pearce Ferry, I just wanted to go put on again.
I had the exact same feeling at the takeout on my trip down the GC last April/May. On our trip, we actually met a guy, a rafter, who had been down the Canyon 162 times.